Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by Capgemini
Job Title: Linux Architect
Candidates Need to be SC Eligible
The Job on Offer:
We are looking for Linux Architects from a wide range of backgrounds - experienced Linux engineers looking to develop architecture knowledge, as well experienced Linux architects looking to expand into more challenging projects.
The role would suit someone who wants to take a strategic approach to Linux solutions in data center and cloud platform design and delivery. The work we do with our clients varies in size, shape, and complexity - so we would welcome applications of all levels of experience.
This is a project not operations support role. You will have the chance to work with different clients and technologies. Innovation and delivering value to our clients is at the heart of what we do.
You will combine your experience of architecting, designing, configuring, and managing Linux based solutions with your personal skills and credibility to operate with some of the best technical teams in the business. You will take accountability for ensuring that the end-to-end solutions we create for our customers fulfil their expectations of high quality and cost-effectiveness.
As a Linux Architect within Capgemini's vibrant cloud platform team, you will have a pivotal role in the following types of projects:
* Migrating Workloads to Cloud - working as part of a team to migrate application workloads to public cloud, taking end to end responsibility for the Linux workloads
* Platform Modernisation - helping clients embrace Linux and open-source solutions Public Cloud Deployment - working with a DevOps or SRE squad, providing expertise across Linux domains, including application hosting solutions such as docker, Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift.
* ERP to Cloud - helping customers adopt public cloud for ERP (SAP, Oracle) solutions where Linux is the operating system of choice
We are looking for Linux architects seeking to develop their careers who have a good grounding in the following areas, as well as senior candidates who can demonstrate many of the following areas of expertise.
* Solid understanding of Linux, covering one or more distro (RHEL, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc.), including high availability & clustering Experience of working with Linux and opensource technologies in public cloud.
* Delivery of Linux based solutions in a project and being accountable for technical delivery and quality.
* Scripting (Python, Shell, Perl) to deliver automation, experience of vendor solutions like Ansible Tower, SUSE Manager or other opensource tools.
* Knowledge and experience in one or more public cloud platform and a good all-round knowledge of infrastructure technologies (compute, storage, networks, data, security)
* The ability to interact with team members and clients, develop documentations effectively and present themselves professionally.
You might not have all the above - we understand that. If you can demonstrate good experience in some and a working knowledge of others, and you show us your passion to develop - then we will support you.
Why Capgemini is Unique?
At Capgemini we do not just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring your whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. We embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Employee well being is vitally important to us as an organisation. We see a healthy and happy workforce as a critical component for us to achieve our organisational ambitions. To help support well being we have trained 'Mental Health Champions' across each of our business areas. We have also invested in well being apps such as Thrive and Peppy.
Get the Future You Want:
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough task. But when you join Capgemini, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs, and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us re imagine what is possible. It is why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it is how you will gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge, and always pushing yourself to do better, you will build the skills you want. And you will use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Capgemini. Get The Future You Want.
At Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organisation of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fuelled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering, and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.
Amplify your job search: