IT Service Manager
Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by J & C Associates Ltd
We are IT Recruitment Specialists partnered with a prestigious Global Consultancy who requires a IT Service Manager for one of their public sector clients based in Wolverhampton/Chatham (3 Days onsite and 2 Days WFH - could be flexible depending on the situation).
- Manage Service Design activities for the assigned portfolio end-to-end, completing all required plans, procedures, reporting and governance. Assist with Service Design activities on other portfolios as required by the Service Design Manager.
- Work with Project Managers to agree the scope of new Service Design tasks, offering support and guidance throughout the process to ensure that all requisite tasks are completed by the Change Management team.
- Contribute to Go and No Go decisions for projects, based upon the successful completion of all required Service Design activities, at all stages of the Service Value Chain, keeping the Service Design Manager apprised of any issues or concerns and the final recommendation.
- Ensure that support models are agreed for all new IT services, including close liaison with any third-parties, the IT Service Desk, End User Support team, Infrastructure team, Network Services team, Database Applications team and Application Support team, documenting and agreeing the RACI for all activities associated with business-as-usual support.
- Complete all required reporting for your Service Design activities, including completion and demonstrable evidence of the criteria checklist, Smart Pack', Service Management Acceptance documentation, Service Design & Transition templates and the Service Operations Manual.
- Define and agree a suitable warranty period with Change Management for all new Service Designs. Attend warranty meetings and keep Senior Management within the IT Service Management team apprised of progress or issues.
- Keep up-to-date records of the progress of Service Design activities in ServiceNow and ensure that timesheets are completed weekly, recording accurate time incurred against each project in your portfolio.
- Work closely with the relevant IT Service Owner with the Service Management Office to ensure that relevant service targets have been agreed and documented in the Service Level Agreement, and that any amendments to business process have been acknowledged and understood; acquiring sign-off from the IT Service Owner that all necessary Service Level Management activities have been completed before recommending a Go decision.
- For new IT Services, prepare and formally handover a draft Continual Service Improvement' plan to the relevant IT Service Owner, ensuring that all improvement opportunities have been captured and understood.
- Work closely with the IT Problem Manager to ensure that all Known Errors or Problems have been documented and raised in ServiceNow as appropriate - ensuring that as many of these as possible are resolved prior to go-live.
- Work closely with the IT Risk team to ensure that any known Risks identified as part of Service Design have been captured, along with relevant controls and/or treatment plans.
- Undertake a formal Operational Readiness review for each new Service Design with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert, IT Service Owner and Project Manager.
- Work closely with the Business Readiness team to ensure that all required end-user onboarding activities have been completed successfully - including communications, training etc.
- Work with the wider IT Service Management team to ensure that all necessary ITSM activities have been completed, including:
- Working with the ServiceNow Design team to ensure that any opportunities for workflow automations, self-service etc. have been captured, designed and built
- Working with the Change Enablement team to ensure that all necessary Changes have been taken to CAB
- Working with the Configuration Management team to ensure that any necessary updates to IT Service Mappings or Configurations Items have been undertaken
- Working with IT Demand Management to flag the need for any additional FTE required to support the Service Design
- Act as an advocate for the Service Design process, championing use of the process, tool and standards.
- Work with the IT Knowledge & Communication Lead to help design tailored documentation for the supported systems where appropriate, including, but not limited to, guidance around installation procedures, configuration, system rules etc.
- Assist in the management of all audit work and any arising audit actions connected with Service Design - both internal and external.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation's Risk Management Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you put customers at the heart of everything you do.
- Ensure that you fully understand and comply with the organisation's Data Governance Policies as they relate to your area of responsibility and demonstrate in your day to day work that you treat data as an important corporate asset which must be protected and managed.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and ensure timely completion of all mandatory on-line training modules and attestations.
- Equivalent of 3 years' previous experience of IT Service Management in an ITIL v3 or v4 environment is essential.
- Equivalent of 1 year's previous Service Design or equivalent experience is essential.
- A working knowledge of banking processes and associated regulatory requirements is desirable.
- Knowledge of Service Design methodologies is essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of ITIL processes, particularly around IT Service Management, is essential.
- A working knowledge of Data Governance regulations and principles is desirable.
- Knowledge of Project Management frameworks is essential.
- A basic understanding of the regulatory requirements of the financial services industry is desirable.
Skill and Competency Requirements
- The ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels is essential
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills is essential
- Excellent time management and evaluation of priorities to cope with concurrent demands and delivery timelines is essential
- Excellent organisational skills to prioritise tasks and manage time and resources effectively is essential
- Strong ability to work across business units and geographical boundaries to engage IT, business and team members is essential
- Strong ability to explain and translate technical concepts into business language is essential
- ITIL 3 Foundation Level or above is essential
- GSCE/GCE qualifications in both Maths and English are essential
If you are interested in this position and would like to learn more, please send through your CV and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible. Please note, candidates are often Shortlisted within 48 hours.
Amplify your job search: