Senior Linux Engineer
Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by Michael Page Technology
Strong Senior Linux Engineer with Enterprise Level Red Hat solution and implementation.
Someone with strong exposure to Linux and amazon cloud and with open-shift environments.
Client a UK-founded tech company quoted on the London Stock Exchange. It has focused on helping companies get the best possible value from all their data assets. With clients in 27 countries, throughout the financial services and banking, retail, travel, health care sector's, They continues to lead data innovation globally.
* Responsible for third line support of large scale hosted and on-premises managed services involving Big Data analytic and later, containerised environment.
* Linux platform administration Cent OS, Red hat and Ubuntu
* Deployment and automation of applications using Puppet Enterprise.
* Configure/support middle ware & web server software on Linux platforms, Apache, Wild-Fly, Tomcat.
* Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve server events and user incidents relating to Linux systems.
* Work with the wider infrastructure team to provide support and troubleshooting for Linux systems incidents.
* Detailed planning, change control & thorough testing to ensure performance, availability & stability.
* Security related activities, system hardening, patching, vulnerability threat management and mitigation.
* Manage and deploy system monitoring and management tools.
* Writing and maintaining Shell and/or python scripts.
* Configure and maintain traffic managers and Load-balanced & Web application Firewalls.
* Analyse system capacity, performance and events to prevent systematic and recurring incidents.
* Configure and maintain authentication and access integration.
* Pro-actively identify process and technology gaps and develop and implement appropriate solutions.
* Create and maintain clear and accurate system documentation.
* Maintenance drills: Fail over resilience and DR tests.
A Senior Linux engineer who is passionate about technology and delivering excellent service in a large enterprise environment.
Someone with great exposure with as Linux Engineer and have exposure with Chef, amazon cloud, Elastic search, storage.
Senior Linux Engineer (Surrey)
This is an Hybrid role.
Exposure to work on Enterprise level system to sharp your skills.
Amplify your job search: