Solution Architect - Remote
Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by Fruition IT Resources Limited
Solution Architect - Fully Remote - £70-75k
A well-known retailer is looking for an experienced solution architect to join a growing team of currently 4 permanent architects. As part of a relatively small Architecture team, you will be involved in various areas of the business. This role lends itself best to someone who isn't afraid to get stuck in and solve business problems and likes to see improvements they make echo throughout the business.
The objective of the role is to create and maintain systems and architecture to serve both colleagues and customers. This isn't a BAU role as lots is constantly changing and they have 5 year plan to overtake their competitors through technology and innovation.
Being a technology-enabled omni-channel retailer, any experience in retail, eComm and customer facing will be favourable along with any experience working within an environment moving from on-prem to cloud. Azure is the platform of choice however exposure to cloud generally is the only pre-requisite.
- Create software solutions and the develop differentiating business applications that will create value and support the business operation on a continuous basis. Assessing requirements and relevant business and IT data to identify.
- Responsible for creating estimates (scenario-level) and producing Solution & other documentation in line with Company standards.
- Advise and provide consultation throughout the system life cycle.
- Assess the architecture currently in place and work with the technical teams to recommend solutions to improve it.
- Inspect solutions and audit compliance with the overall software portfolio and design.
- Provide advice on how to resolve technical problems as they arise and propose mitigation strategies so that they do not occur again.
- Provide guidance to technical and non-technical teams.
- Research the current and emerging technologies and proposing changes where needed.
- Document and maintain architectural standards.
- Inform stakeholders and delivery teams about risks/issues with the current technical solutions being implemented.
- Assess the business impact of technical decisions.
If this role would be of interest to you or if you would like to discuss the role in more detail, then please apply to this advert and I will be in contact to give you more detail.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Amplify your job search: