Posted on Jan 3, 2023 by Investigo Change Solutions
An exciting Infrastructure Subject Matter Expert opportunity working for a FTSE 100 business who has begun one of the biggest technology transformation programmes in Europe. Working for this global organisation, you will play a pivotal part in the digital transformation of the technology solutions and technology led services the business provides to their customers.
The Subject Matter Expert (Infrastructure) is an authority in a particular area, topic and/or solution (technical and/or functional), providing input and direction on design, development and support of solutions within their area of expertise. Responsible for defining and supporting the building of desirable, feasible, viable, and sustainable business solutions that meet customer needs.
- Understand our server estate (on prem and colo)
- Understand our Datacentre architecture, operations and security
- Participate in on-call incident escalations, as they may arise.
- Influence the resolution of outages and assist in root cause analysis
- Participate in the continuous improvement of all aspects of the serve architecture and processes
- Communicate and collaborate with our managed service partners and their engineers
- Communicate infrastructure solutions to both technical and non-technical employees.
- Work closely with our Cloud teams to ensure a clear secure strategy for cloud migrations
- Contribute to and where appropriate lead assignments effectively influencing stakeholders to help define and deliver roadmaps.
- Extensive experience in the design, build, configuration, deployment and System Administration of Windows & Linux Servers.
- Previous experience of migration from Legacy Data Centres to the Cloud
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (particularly AWS)
- Experience in a multi-vendor environment
- Experience of managing third party suppliers
- Previously worked in a similar role for a FTSE100 business or organisation of comparable size.
- Sound Knowledge of Active Directory, VMWare and Hyper-V virtualization technologies
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to summarise and present to key stakeholders
- Embracing and managing both business and IT change as necessary
- Ability to identify innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions whilst recognizing industry trends
Amplify your job search: