Color Matcher/QC Technician
Posted on Jan 2, 2023 by Humanics, LLC
Kalcor Coatings Company is seeking a COLOR MATCHER/QC TECHNICIAN for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, quality, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the Technical Director, this position works in the laboratory and production areas and is responsible for making small lab batches, color shading of production batches, and QC lab testing of paint properties and other mechanical tests.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the preparation and spray application of panels.
- Tints and adjusts batches as necessary to meet product and customer standards.
- Collects and communicates data to appropriate staff.
- Supports technicians/chemists in making lab batches and performing required tests as needed.
- Assists in the resolution of customer inquiries by performing QC testing.
- Operates laboratory equipment and performs instrument calibration; maintains documentation and preventive maintenance of same.
- Maintains and controls approved product color standards and associated batch color data.
- Documents all pertinent test results and batch data in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
- Documents and maintains acceptable inventory levels of purchased and manufactured color dispersions and tint pastes, including traceability of lots and quantities used.
- Produces products by gathering, weighing, mixing and/or grinding raw materials using pumps, lines, valves, tanks, sand mills, filters and measuring devices.
- Operates lift truck to transport items.
- Labels, inspects, and documents hazardous waste. Assist in the organization and maintenance of the batch retain system and storage area and disposes of retains and waste materials in accordance with regulatory and company guidelines.
- Performs daily housekeeping of QC laboratory and associated areas, functions within safety guidelines, and conforms to QC standards.
- High School diploma with college prep curriculum eg, science and math through chemistry and algebra. Associate degree in chemistry or other sciences preferred but not required.
- Minimum one year quality control or equivalent experience in paint or chemical laboratory. Prior color shading experience strongly preferred. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- Familiarity with a variety of QC/Lab tests: viscosity, density, fineness of grind, pH, percent non-volatiles, film thickness, Gloss, color, and appearance.
- Working knowledge of lab equipment, including color spectrophotometer.
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and prior experience with formulation/processing software, color analysis and matching programs, or willingness and ability to learn.
- Exceptional mathematical, documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Candidates must be able to pass a color test and tolerate solvent odors and other chemicals used within the facility.
- Kalcor is a smoke-free, tobacco-free, and vaping-free facility.
Kalcor Coatings Company offers medical, vision, dental, life/AD&D, short- & long-term disability, and a 401k with a company match once eligible. This is a first shift position.
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customers and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for the Quality Control Technician/Color Matcher position, we would like to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Amplify your job search: