Database Team lead - SQL - Remote - 60-65k plus excellent Benefits
Posted on Jan 1, 2023 by Tech Talent ID
A rare opportunity has arisen to join a worldwide leading data analytics company as the Database Team Leader.
Reporting directly to the CEO we require a dedicated and self-motivated leader building world class analytic solutions using enterprise level databases and their inhouse software.
The successful applicant will have managed teams, reviewed processes, mentored junior team members, and organised workloads as well as contributing to project with their wealth of knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL, SQL Server, Non-SQL, reporting progress and timescales to the management team, whilst always seeking to improve on how things are being done
Liaising with customers, internal stakeholders, as well as the professional service team. Communicating with all levels within the company to report progress and actions if projects are behind.
Day to day, you will:
- Guide team development efforts toward successfully delivering projects.
- Manage Team standards of work, processes, and workload
- Monitor progress and report to the Management Team
- Assist in every step of the project lifecycle from initiation through requirements gathering, design, develop, build, test, transition and closure
- Work with the Project Manager to coordinate team workload against the company's commitments and deadlines
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Able to demonstrate Team management
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Experience specifying business requirements
- Ability to work independently adhering to company Best Practice Methodology
- Experience specifying/building Business Intelligence reporting systems/analytical reports
- Excellent understanding of database concepts and SQL
- Oracle PL/SQL
- MS SSIS/SSRS MS SQL Server experience
- Scripting in DOS or PowerShell
Additional (Highly beneficial)
- Experience of Agile, Scrum
- Experience with EPOS data
- Experience of retail fraud analysis
- Experience in Training to customers
- Postgresql, Mongodb
- European language other than English
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing data projects in the Retail/Food & Beverage/Entertainment industries, especially around transactional systems, BI or Point of Sales. Knowledge of Loss Prevention/Profit Protection would be a concrete bonus.
The companies customers are situated worldwide and so occasional travel is expected internationally as well as within the UK
Remote working only
Please get in touch for a confidential discussion and further details.
Amplify your job search: