Full Stack Developer
Posted on Jan 1, 2023 by SatSense
We're an innovative technology company on an exciting growth curve, looking for someone motivated to grow with the company. At SatSense we are led by our technology and a desire to create the best possible insight for our customers. We are inclusive, flexible and we love collaborating internally and externally to deliver the best we can for our customers. We believe that the supportive environment we provide for our people is reflected in the products and services we offer.
Our technology focuses on taking raw satellite images and processing them to produce ground movement data and insight for a broad range of industries. Our dataset holds a large amount of information for infrastructure, property conveyancing, insurance and lending, asset management and construction applications.
We have hundreds of millions of ground movement measurement points across the UK alone - each with a time history of over 250 points, going back to 2015. Each point gets updated weekly, and we aim to do this within 12-24 hours after the satellite overflight.
To get this data to our clients and partners, we have a set of web-based client facing tools that we are keen to develop further, and we're looking for an experienced Developer to help us do that.
You will be working on:
- The full software development life cycle of new and existing geospatial web applications and APIs.
- Creating and improving tools to automate in-house processes.
- Streamlining the release and configuration of our applications.
Ideally, you will have:
- 3+ years' experience of full stack software development.
- Experience with Python or another OOP language.
- An understanding database migrations
- Experience using an MVC framework.
- Knowledge of a front-end framework, e.g. React.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience working with geospatial technologies, e.g. Leaflet, vector tiles
- Experience working with the Python Flask framework.
- Experience working with Linux servers.
- Experience managing large datasets/ databases.
- Experience working with TDD and CI/ CD pipelines.
Our tech stack
- Flask microframework
- Vanilla JS, jQuery
- Pytest, Selenium
- Leaflet, chart.js
- PostGIS (+ Postgres)
- Gitlab CI
Salary Range - £35000 - £50000 depending on experience
Location - SatSense offices are based in Leeds near to Leeds University campus and although the role can be hybrid there is an expectation that the successful candidate will be office based a minimum of 1-2 days per week.
Amplify your job search: