Tester - Software Design Engineer in Test - SDET
Posted on Dec 31, 2022 by MLR Associates
- Global Leading Technology Brand
- Working from home option, WFH/York
- Latest Cutting Edge Technology
- £60,000-£70,000 + bonus & benefits
Our client a global technology leader is currently looking for a Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET).
Within this role you will be:-
- ensuring hands-on development of both testing frameworks and specific tests for APIs, data platforms and web applications
- creating and working within a specialist quality engineering practice
- focussed on speed of delivery and quality, with suitable pragmatism - ensuring your solutions are always appropriate and not overly complex or over-engineered.
- enabling progression of projects from PoC to post-production stage.
- communicating and presenting ideas to colleagues in all parts of the wider business.
- working with offshore partner QA engineers and testers - in India and Poland and onsite staff in London and York
Technical skills will include:
- Sound understanding of testing methodologies including behaviour-driven testing, unit testing and data-driven testing.
- Ability to take an automation-first approach to quality engineering.
- Experience developing testing frameworks for data sciences
- Familiarity with the Python testing framework pytest and its behavioural extension pytest-bdd
- Behaviour-driven testing of executable specifications eg using Gherkin.
- Sufficient SQL expertise to develop effective Back End database tests.
- Good understanding of DevOps principals.
- Experience working in a truly agile style.
- Experience in working with version control tools like git.
- Experience with both cloud and on-premises solutions.
- Commercial savvy necessary to ensure work is prioritised and targeted appropriately.
- Good Team Player.
- Excellent Communication skills.
Amplify your job search: