Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Anonymous
Hours of Work: 45 hrs per week, 9 hrs per day, flexible between 07.00-17.00
Provide high visibility security Static Guarding at the properties / building and surrounding grounds.
• Providing high visibility Static Guarding of the property / building and grounds
• Provide a visible deterrent regarding security issues on the property / building and
• Provide CCTV monitoring of the perimeter of the property/building and surrounding
• Responsible for issue of Daily Security Report
• Responsible for completion of EMCOR UK weekly security checks
• Receive recorded and special deliveries, log
• Carry out all duties contained in assignment instructions.
• Monitor parking.
• Receive all visitors at the gatehouse in a professional manner.
• Ensuring that Health & safety concerns are raised on the EMCOR Intelex system
• Deal with customer enquiries effectively and without delay.
• Produce annual staff badges and car passes
• Assign clearance codes as requested by PHE authority and as per PHE Site Security Manual
• Maintain accurate records and logs of incidents and site visit logs
• Dealing with communications from telephone calls and radio users in a
• professional manner in accordance with operating procedures
• Exchanging all necessary information to colleagues during shift change
• Develop and maintain relationships with all the clients departments
• Maintain accurate site contract administration files
• Ensure compliance with all EMCOR policies, procedures and standards
• particularly those relating to Security Guarding
• Monitor alarm systems and carry out follow up actions
• Able to produce muster reports.
• Able to access user records on Pro-Watch at the request of ERT to ascertain whereabouts of staff
• Able to configure CCTV monitors as per AI's and Site instructions.
• Able to undertake daily maintenance checks and escalate/resolve identified faults.
• Escalation procedure for faults.
Electronic Key Cabinets:
• Create new user records
• Assign key tags to users as requested by PHE authority and as per PHE Key Management Protocol.
• Action key Reconciliation Reports.
• Escalation procedure for faults
• Security Industry Qualifications - Front line SIA Licence for Security Officers
• Owner / driver with full driving licence
• First aid at work certified
• Competent in computer skills, particularly email, MS Word and Excel
• A good level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills
• An understanding of a basic Police and other Emergency Services Procedures
• CCTV Monitoring Experience
• Experience of hand - held radio use
• Future SIA licences funded
• Able to work occasional weekend/Bank Holiday shifts (days 06.00-18.00, nights 18.00- 06.00hrs) to cover security officer absence
• All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check (Disclosure) from the Criminal records Bureau before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of ALL cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions, whether "spent" or "unspent". Criminal convictions will only be taken into account when they are relevant to the post