Production Mechanical Engineer
Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Business Back Up
The role holder must be flexible with working patterns as the company operates a two-shift system and some weekend work will be required. They must also be able to operate machinery during busy periods and undertake any other duties that may be necessary.
To service and repair tray wrap, tray liner, packing machinery and various other equipment.
* Machine breakdown remedy and repair with minimum disruption to production.
* Plan and undertake regular machine servicing and maintenance.
* Ability to operate all machinery (after training).
* Training machine operators to undertake pre-operational checks and basic maintenance.
* On call by telephone out of hours.
To control parts inventory.
* Ensure that all critical parts are available.
* Monitoring and control of all machine parts.
* Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to improve productivity, safety and reliability.
* Plan and design new production processes and oversee installation.
* Liaising with machine manufacturers and other professionals.
Site facilities management
* Plan and maintain site facilities including recycling, waste disposal, heating, racking etc.
* Liaise with contractors to ensure all work is carried out correctly, safely and is legally compliant
To assist shift supervisors
* Working alongside shift supervisors carrying out production checks and organising workflow.
* Deputise for shift supervisors when necessary.
* Must have good written and spoken English, numeracy, level of fitness, logical thinking and pride in finished product.
* Mechanical engineering qualification (NVQ level 3 or above) or relevant experience in a production environment.
* Able to observe and maintain strict health & safety standards