Test Automation Specialist
Posted on Dec 30, 2022 by Amber Labs Ltd
Automation Test Engineer
Mid-Level and Senior Roles Available
This is a permanent role and all employees here at Amber Labs MUST be able to pass Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS).
As part of this, you need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years. Please note, we cannot currently work with candidates that require sponsorship, or are on a Visa of any other kind because of this.
We are a specialist Data and Digital Transformation consultancy focused on supporting our clients in successfully delivering on their digital transformation programmes. Our aim is to ensure we deliver value from our client's data using innovative approaches that improve their data capabilities, analytics and data governance.
We are working for a high-profile client, analysing their existing processes, identifying and implementing opportunities to optimise these processes, and developing solutions to deliver service improvements to them.
Day to day you will:
Own the creation of a modern Test Automation Strategy
Identify opportunities for implementing automated test processes and drive appropriate measures to achieve them.
Be responsible for driving test automation and appropriate test automation tooling selection during test creation/test execution to reduce cost and duration.
Coach, direct and lead the Technology Services test community towards building and sustaining Test Automation Frameworks.
Ensuring testing processes meet any regulatory requirements.
What skills, knowledge and experience will you need?
Experience in the development of test strategies and automated test suites and tools including TestComplete or similar.
Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery - Methodology and tools eg GitLab or similar.
Experience of leading in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific timescales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders.
Agile Methodologies - with experience in BDD (behaviour-driven development) and TDD (test-driven development) processes, and an understanding of the key principles to develop a modern standards approach to testing.
- The definition, development, and execution of technical testing throughout the complete development life cycle, from project initiation through to delivery
- Produce Test approaches modelled around using Test automation as the base
- Produce Integration Automation Test scripts, data and scenarios in accordance with the documented approach
- Embed, run and maintain the automated tests prescribed within the Automation Test Framework
- Analyse (and document if needed) defects discovered during test runs
- Work with the development and environment teams to rectify and retest issues encountered during testing
- Automate, C#, Java, Selenium Webdriver, Specflow, Cucumber, API Testing, Swagger, JMeter, Docker, GIT, Browserstack, Test scenarios, Scrum, Agile, DevOps, Azure Devops, Java Beanshell
- Significant experience working in Quality Assurance Automation or as a Test Automation Engineer
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience in all areas of the testing life cycle (systems testing, functional, regression testing, UAT)
- Excellent understanding and working experience of one of Selenium, Spec Flow or Cypress or other code-based test frame works
- Source control management
- Awareness of microservices and testing with microservices architecture
- Experience in testing Web UI and Web API applications
- Experience of test-driven development processes and frameworks
- Good knowledge of commonly used test models & frameworks
- Good understanding of the test life cycle and where it sits within the development life cycle
- Experience of carrying out peer reviews, triages, show-and-tells product demonstrations
- Ideally have devop's experience
- Experience of working within large, complex and geographically dispersed programmes.
Then please get in touch by applying with your most recent copy of your CV including a contact number and we will contact you directly to discuss further.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. All applications are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required to fulfil the position.
Amplify your job search: