Machine Tool Development
Posted on Dec 30, 2022 by Tiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd
Working within an established highly skilled team, to provide Fault diagnosis, process development and production support to our automotive manufacturing and R&D Facility. The position requires hands on' strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to work both efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Fault diagnosis on machine tools and assembly and test machines.
- Development and set up of manufacturing & assembly machine tools including:-
- Machine referencing and setting datums
- Manual clocking of axes and fixture set up
- Creation/editing of CNC programmes
- Offsetting, grid shifts and back lash compensation
- Liaise with internal and external suppliers to source service engineers, spares etc.
- Understand the impact key machine downtime will have, plan/organize accordingly.
- Ensuring processes are set according to quality standards
- Installation & commissioning of newly purchased machines
- Continuous improvement of existing processes
- Commissioning of new equipment ( including commissioning at supplier's facility)
- Use of CMMS for handovers and asset traceability.
What we're looking for
- An engineering background with involvement with Machine tools and processes
- CNC Appreciation
- Workshop skills (Turning, Milling, Grinding and bench fitting)
- Understanding Engineering drawings and Geometric tolerancing
- Use of basic measurement equipment - caliper, micrometer,DTI etc
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Good understanding of cutting tools, abrasives
- Knowledge of jig and fixture making
- Welding Mig, Tig and Arc
- CNC programming in fanuc/Siemens systems
- Appreciation of Machine parameter setting
- Understanding of in process gauging systems including spindle probes
- Educated to HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent or apprenticeship served
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified
- Abrasive wheel certificate
Amplify your job search: