Gauge Control & Metrology Engineer
Posted on Dec 30, 2022 by Tiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd
The role of Gauge Control & Metrology Engineer will be to be responsible for leading Metrology & Gauge Calibration/Development processes, ensuring that gauges and equipment are maintained and calibration traceable to UKAS 17025 where ever possible, and to also ensure gauge tracking and certification system is maintained for IATF 16949 compliance.
You will also lead the training & development of Gauge Control & Metrology Technicians and Manufacturing/Development Engineers in metrology and measurement techniques.
- To ensure each member of the team complies with health and safety requirements at all times
- To calibrate gauges as per the recall cadence.
- To maintain gauge calibration, recall information and certification, by ensuring the central computer system is kept up to date on the location and condition of all gauging.
- To manage external & 3rd party gauges to ensure they are calibrated on time (liaise with supplier, obtain quotes, raise Purchase Request etc ).
- To work closely with engineers to define the characteristics to be checked when a new gauge is introduced and provide MSA Studies as per IATF 16949 requirements.
- To maintain and/or repair gauging to minimize line stoppage.
- To manage the day to day activities of the Gauge Technicians to ensure that Manufacturing is supported and all gauging is under calibration control at the defined frequency (collecting and exchanging gauges that are due for recalibration on a daily basis which will ensure minimal disruption to the production process).
- To perform measurement work to support manufacturing or quality using metrology equipment and provide detailed reports
- Coach and train site personal in all aspects of Metrology and Measurement techniques as required.
- To train and coach Operators, Setters and Work Group Leaders to ensure they are competent in their gauging roles
- To design and implement gauging continuous Improvement initiatives
- To load data and present zone SPQVC information at daily review meetings
What we're looking for
- Ability to motivate others to meet the demands of the production schedule
- Analytical skills
- Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Engineering Apprentice as a minimum
- 3+ Years previous experience in a relevant engineering sector
Amplify your job search: