Direct Buyer - Automotive - Manufacturing
Posted on Dec 30, 2022 by Tiger Resourcing Solutions Ltd
To lead the direct purchasing requirements of the Gillingham Plant, at the right price at the right time.
- Manage as a buyer in delivering on time and the best cost to achieve Gillingham targets on delivery performance.
- Delivering and executing robust plans for year on year performance.
- Work closely with category teams to identify opportunities for link and leverage.
- Drive collaboration with business partners to achieve ongoing competitive edge with their business strategy.
- Ensure activities are performed with high integrity and in compliance with Global, Divisional and Site procedures and encourage Process and Systems Improvements
- Facilitate cross functional participation in all cost down initiatives including idea generation in the best cost spares and new equipment.
What we're looking for
- Experience of suppliers and achieving joint goals.
- Commercially astute.
- 5+ years relevant experience in related automotive/engineering environment.
- Proven record in driving cost down options.
- An appreciation of technical drawings and specifications.
- Be able to work, present and communicate within all areas of the organisation from shop floor to management.
- Work independently offsite if required, with limited contact.
- A strong understanding of AS400 (SAP development) and similar systems.
- Ability to negotiate within an international business environment.
- Be fluent in multiple languages (English plus other desirable).
Amplify your job search: