DevOps Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Dec 29, 2022 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a DevOps Software Engineering Manager. Candidate will be responsible for directing, managing, planning, and administrating a DevOps team responsible for developing tools that accelerate development, testing, and deployment of applications, as well as establishing standards and best practices for the development community. The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve objectives. This individual will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in an agile environment.
- Tools to make it easier for teams to deploy their applications to environments outside of development
- Programs to automate security checks and controls into the build and deployment pipelines
- Analysis Tools for debugging and supporting applications in test and production environments
- Work with cross functional teams like Architecture, Product/Functional teams to capture requirements and design, build, deliver a secure and resilient solution
- Conduct architecture assessments and define solutions
- Collaborate with applications owners/developers, stakeholders, and strategic partners during the process of building solutions.
- Contribute to and/or lead teams and processes to achieve strategic goals.
- Performs thorough code-reviews based on high engineering standards
- Troubleshoot environments as problems arise, test fixes, and perform follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Monitor project status and take remedial action on projects behind schedule and/or over budget
- Present status reports to clients and key internal stakeholders.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of systems the team builds
- Direct work of staff and conduct appropriate personnel actions (hiring, promotions, terminations, etc.) when necessary
- Communicate and advise staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods and software change issues
- Prepare and conduct employee reviews as well as monitor progress to satisfy employee management goals
- Promote employees development by conducting career-planning sessions and scheduling employee training classes, conferences, and seminars
- Ensure that proper funding is added to the departmental budget
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
- Innovative mindset for problem solving skills
- Team player - humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds.
- 7+ years of design and development experience in a cloud environment
- 4 + years programming experience developing in Python and/or Java (with at least one year Python)
- Experience writing unit and integration test with testing frameworks like pytest and unittest
- Experience conducting code reviews
- Experience with DevOps CI/CD tools like GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Harness
- Experience with containers like Podman or Docker
- Experience with Terraform (Enterprise preferred)
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes & Helm
- Experience working in a AWS environment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant industry certifications such as AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar are a plus.
Amplify your job search: