Senior Harvesting Manager, Scottish Borders
Posted on Dec 29, 2022 by Euroforest
Euroforest is the largest independent timber harvesting & marketing company in the UK. We harvest and market in excess of 2.7 million m of timber per annum.
We have a new opportunity for a full-time Senior Harvesting Manager in the Scottish Borders
The role is to deliver a high-quality timber purchasing, harvesting and sales service to woodland owners and customers across the Scottish Borders, developing and maintaining an integrated contracting and haulage network.
We are looking for an experienced Harvesting Manager with several years' experience in a similar role, who shares our energy and passion and who will help to contribute to our ongoing success. This is a full time role reporting to the Director of Operations.
The role is supported by a full time Contracts Supervisor.
The day-to-day Harvesting Manager tasks include:
• Proactively pursue timber purchasing opportunities.
• Provide a high-quality service, sourcing supplies of timber from clients and woodland owners and delivering it to industrial and domestic end users and processors.
• Engage contractors for harvesting and associated work, setting rates and ensuring compliance to company safety standards, environmental constraints and contract procedures in line with FISA and industry guidelines.
• Conduct regular and thorough site visits to manage progress of harvesting work, evaluating appropriateness of machinery, quality of timber, optimising timber cut, review of forest roads / timber stacks / relevant haulage, and all aspects of Health and Safety.
• Monitor application of HSE, FISA and ISO 45001 standards on site visits and promote good practice.
Skills and Experience
The desirable skills to deliver these key tasks are:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong negotiation skills whilst providing quality customer service.
• Ability to work as part of a team and lead proactively.
• Time management, ability to prioritise workload to reach targets.
• Ability to collect, input and report on data.
• Forward thinking and the ability to take ownership of tasks.
• Risk management in line with company and industry standards.
• Budget management, operating within credit limits and sales targets.
• Decision making, ability to problem solve and use initiative.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
This role is a full-time permanent position, Monday to Friday.
• Competitive Salary
• 20 days holiday (increases with length of service)
• Company Holidays (3 days at Christmas)
• Life Assurance • Company Vehicle & Fuel Card
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Staff Referral Scheme
• Sponsorship Scheme
• Discount Voucher Scheme
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to , quoting reference GJ/SHMSB2211.
Closing Date for Applications is Monday 16th January 2023.
Start date will be as soon as possible after interviews (notice periods allowing).
Euroforest is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, gender, or sexual orientation. We base all our employment decisions on merit, job requirements and business needs.
Amplify your job search: