Java Developer, Front Office IT
Posted on Dec 28, 2022 by RedCat Solutions
Java contract role with a global Investment Bank 12 months paying up to £850pd (Inside IR35).
You will work in a multidisciplinary team of Java and C# developers to deal with the analysis and development of new functionalities, as well as maintaining the existing systems. Reporting to the line manager, the successful candidate will be working on core services and components, feed handlers, libraries shared between teams, metrics and reporting tools, and Front End applications. This is a high-pressure role in a Front Office multidisciplinary IT environment and previous exposure to such environment is essential. This role will suit a highly motivated individual who is a self-starter, has a strong technical, analytical and communication skills, and is comfortable with both business analysis and development tasks. Candidates should be able to delve into existing code in other programming languages if necessary. You are willing to communicate directly with traders, front-line support and other dev teams. Good business knowledge of FX Products is required and the candidate should be mathematically strong in order to understand and contribute to the flow.
Do you have?
- Strong core Java development skills, multi-threading, low latency and optimisation
- Experience with high-performance distributed architecture, Oracle Coherence
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time-management and multi-tasking, be able to regularly context-switch
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges with initiative
- Good understanding of FX products. Able to discuss requirements and perform analysis
Amplify your job search: