SC Cleared C++ Developer - Newport - £650 day rate - Umbrella Contract
Posted on Dec 28, 2022 by Click
We are recruiting for a SC Cleared C Developer on contract to work for a leading Defence & Space organisation.
Fully onsite with the option to condense 37 hours over 4 days
The Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified customer requirements by -
- Analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- Preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- Generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- Integration of software onto the target platform
- Providing software technical support
- Supporting the company software process and procedure updates
- All equipment is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with Client's standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with Clients standards.
- Tools, methodologies and coding standards are appropriately specified and applied to achieve project aims
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired technical expertise.
- The cost/benefit trade-offs of design options are understood, enabling appropriate judgement calls to be made.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be allocated against plans.
- The provision of technical guidance to fellow team members in software development tools and methodologies
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the company on project related technical matters at stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where required.
- Career development of both the job holder and their team members (if any), by agreeing challenging and business focused objectives
- Must have extensive experience of software development and be familiar with a number of software development methodologies
- Able to carry out development tasks of up to six months duration with very limited supervision
- Must have experience of software systems design & implementation for networking communications in a commercial and/or military environment
- Must have experience of stakeholder engagement (eg for requirements analysis, design trade-offs, third party certification/accreditation etc.)
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Implementation of Windows application software in C
- Strong knowledge of the .NET web framework
- Proficient in creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Object Oriented Analysis, design and development documented using UML
- Must have an understanding of requirements implementation and traceability, and of work package definition and estimation
- Experience of full project life cycle
- Experience of Requirements Management (eg using DOORS)
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Knowledge of cryptographic techniques and their application in products/systems
- Experience of formal software configuration management
Amplify your job search: