Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Envirocon Inc
Job Number: 611
# of Openings: 2
The Project Manager is the lead manager on CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure projects and is generally assigned to a single project. This position requires travel, generally limited to within the Tennessee Valley area, but may extend to nationwide. The Project Manager is the primary interface between the corporate support groups and the project management team. The Project Manager is responsible for the total execution of projects, which includes the following: safety leadership, profit and loss, regulatory compliance, efficient utilization of resources, contract administration, cost administration, building the project per plans and specifications, schedule adherence, and meeting production/profitability goals. Project Managers are responsible for all client interaction on projects. Assigned projects are generally from $500,000 to $25,000,000. Project Managers are expected to support business development efforts with existing clients by identifying and communicating information regarding client organizations and future opportunities. When not assigned to projects, Project Managers are expected to support broader sales, proposal and estimating activities. The Project Manager is expected to use their experience and judgment to make decisions within their limits of authority.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Committed to and responsible for Envirocon's Safety Culture & actively involved in project Health and Safety, including;
- Embraces and enforces the site and corporate Health and Safety Plans
- Works with the site Health and Safety representative and Site Safety Steward
- Ability to review project hazards and participate in Job Hazard Analysis
- Perform pre-task planning
- Brief craft before assigning new task
- Participate in incident investigation and reporting
- Manage and direct project teams by providing clear communication, coordination and follow up to meet project goals and objectives; ensure project scope or work, schedule and budget are clearly defined and understood.
- Establish project procedures and execution of project activities consistent with contractual documents and quality plans.
- Serve as project representative with client, contractors, subcontractors, and vendors at kick off meetings, job walks, project review, and other meetings and correspondence.
- Responsible for the successful execution of assigned projects and is the primary interface between the corporate support groups and project management team.
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss for assigned projects.
- Responsible for generating basic project schedules, and the ability to read and understand more complex critical path logic schedules generated by others.
- Responsible for determining and resourcing the necessary equipment for effective execution of projects.
- Responsible for coordinating with the Operations Director and Human Resources for the reassignment, hiring, and training of all project personnel including project craft and salaried staff. Responsible for Personnel Performance Management from beginning to end of project for all direct report personnel.
- Responsible for scheduling resources on an overall project basis.
- Coordinate training and compliance measures to ensure project procedures are followed.
- Identify and secure necessary approvals for all changes in project scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Responsible for having a fluent understanding of Envirocon cost administration process including completing or reviewing weekly receiving reports, completing monthly final forecast cost and revenue forecasts (FFC/FFRs) reading and understanding weekly/monthly unit cost reports, and determining weekly and monthly production quantities. Work in conjunction with assigned Project Accountant (PA) and Project Controls Specialist (PCS).
- Responsible for having an understanding of general contract administration and a complete understanding of assigned project contract requirements including the tracking of pay quantities, recognizing a change in scope or conditions, development of claims and responsible for leading claim and change negotiations. Work in conjunction with assigned Contracts Manager.
- Responsible for the management of subcontractors and working with Subcontract Administrators (SA).
- Responsible to follow the company's policies in the procurement of materials, vendors, and subcontractors for assigned projects.
- Responsible to keep accurate project documentation.
- Takes part in the estimating and proposal process to include attending job walks, read and understand project plans and specifications, equipment selection, subcontractor selection, establishing production rates, and developing overall approaches to work scopes.
- Provide business development support and assist with client interaction. Build and maintain awareness of client organization structures, decision-makers, etc. as well as understanding of future projects/opportunities for Envirocon. Share client knowledge with supervisor(s) and support business development activities, as requested.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Implement, maintain and document in Halogen all ASMART goals, personnel development and mentoring of direct reports assigned to each project.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing. Excellent customer relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and resolve practical problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues or risks. Have a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include efficient technical writing skills as well as client presentations.
- Must have proficient computer skills including the use of the Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project Scheduling software including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Fluent contract and cost administration skills.
- This is a project-based position and requires extensive travel. Relocation is not required.
- Understands equipment selection and utilization.
- Ability to read and understand project plans and specifications.
- Understand basic behavior based safety programs and enforce company's safety policies.
- Current 40 hour OSHA HAZWOPER certificate or 8 hour refresher certificate or the ability to obtain if needed.
Education and Experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in Construction Management, Heavy Civil, Engineering, Geology or related discipline preferred.
- Must have five (5) years of progressive Project Management experience on CCR Pond/Landfill Construction, Operation, Maintenance, and Closure
- An equivalent combination of education and field experience plus 3 years of experience with project management responsibilities may be considered.
Legacy Health System
Legacy Health System