Dessert Pastry Prep and Finisher
Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Grand Lux Cafe
From the creators of The Cheesecake Factory, Grand Lux Cafe blends the grandeur and luxury of European cafes with the sensibilities and spirit of an All-American restaurant. Every sumptuous menu item is prepared fresh-to-order in our exhibition style kitchen. Guests enjoy delectable, freshly baked desserts from our in-house pastry kitchen. There are 13 restaurant locations across the U.S. from New York to Los Angeles, and we continue to grow.
We have many exciting and rewarding career opportunities for leaders who share the belief that innovation, commitment to excellence and uncompromising quality is critical to success. If you're seeking grand inspiration, come join our dynamic team.
Dessert Pastry Prep & Finisher
The Dessert/Pastry Prep & Finisher ensures the highest quality food is prepared from our "scratch" bakery. This individual bakes, ensures proper finished consistency and plates all desserts per the exact recipe specifications. The Dessert/Pastry Prep & Finisher is responsible for all aspects of their assigned station - sets up and stocks product, cooks and presents dishes according to Grand Lux Cafe recipes, and cleans, sanitizes and maintains equipment, utensils and tools.
- Flexible scheduling - full and part time
- Paid Time Off
- Benefits offered at 25 hours (Medical, Dental, Vision) and start at 60 days
- Career growth potential - we promote 40% of our managers from within!
- Discounted Shift Meal
- Discount Perk Program (gym membership, cell phone discounts and more)
- 25% discount when dining as a guest
- and so much more!
- Previous dessert or pastry experience preferred.
- Ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic English reading and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Must be able to work quickly in a confined area and stand for extended periods of time.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of weights, measurements, volume and cooking procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. as needed.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures (freezers and walk-in refrigerators).
- Continuous use of hands and arms.
- Continuous bending, reaching and twisting.
1780 Sawgrass Mills Circle
Sunrise, FL 33323 US