Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Technician II will generally assist in the repair and diagnosis of major components or remove/replace major components of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician or Maintenance Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, PTO Systems, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of - with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO's and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, HVAC systems, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM's, ECU's, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
- Perform mechanical and general appearance reconditioning of equipment for "trade-ins" and prepare new equipment for delivery.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled units
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services on truck and trailer equipment
- 2-4 years practical experience with tractor trailer maintenance required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A valid drivers license is required
- Current CDL license with air brake certification preferred, willingness to acquire CDL if you do not have one.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.