Posted on Dec 26, 2022 by Proactive Appointments
Our client, based in Romford, is looking for a Data Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis. The Data Engineer is a newly created role, which will play a key part in feeding the growing needs for business data. You will be expected to identify, create, maintain, optimise and redevelop SQL tables, procedures and ETL algorithms both new and Legacy. Providing data to the different business areas in a fast-paced, but consistent and accurate manner. You will be responsible for collecting, managing, and converting raw data into information that can be interpreted by data scientists and business analysts.
- In-depth knowledge in the application of Data Engineering tools and techniques and integration in accordance with defined standards.
- Experience of using Microsoft SQL Server and Database Management.
- Proven experience in handling large datasets using SQL and databases in a business environment
- Knowledge in the use, design and implementation of BI Tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload and problem resolution.
- Excellent numerical and communication skills, both written and verbal
- A proactive individual, with excellent deduction and logical reasoning skills.
- Customer & client focused with a quality driven approach to improvement.
- Experience with any of the following software would be advantageous:
- Power BI
- Azure Data Studio
- Azure Data Factory
- 25 vacation days (+ public holidays)
- Excellent pension plan (employee contributes 5% and Stolt contribute 10%)
- Private healthcare (taxable)
- 2 external professional training courses (incl. exams) per year (taken during workdays)
- Frequent company/team events
Due to the volume of applications received for positions, it will not be possible to respond to all applications and only applicants who are considered suitable for interview will be contacted.
Proactive Appointments Limited operates as an employment agency and employment business and is an equal opportunities organisation
We take our obligations to protect your personal data very seriously. Any information provided to us will be processed as detailed in our Privacy Notice, a copy of which can be found on our website
Amplify your job search: