Posted on Feb 12, 2019 by Sopra Steria
Salary: Up to £19,500 dependent on experience plus holiday, pension and 5% flexible benefit fund - negotiable dependent on experience
The Newcastle Centre of Excellence provides HR, Payroll and Recruitment Services to a number of central government departments, currently supporting in excess of 250,000 employees. SSCL have an urgent requirement for experienced payroll people to join the team to support the on-boarding of additional work and embed into the teams.
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts - Processing work could include making calls, answering telephone, emails, queries, taking messages, processing transactions or undertaking gross to net payroll calculations
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output.
- Process work to the defined level of quality.
- Resolve queries, escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group), and log if appropriate.
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis ensuring that activities are completed to support SSCL key performance indicators.
- Distribute information and when required, work to the other team members or groups.
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement.
- Maintain and update information held on a database or manually.
- Support line management on any additional admin when required
- Liaise with internal/external clients.
- Manage customer expectations, interact and display professionalism at all times.
- Maintain records for audit purposes.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Ensure all information, which is issued to the customer, meets the department security standards.
Job Specific Competencies
- The role will tend to focus on a very structured and well-defined scope of work. The key requirement is to execute assigned tasks promptly and accurately and build a track record of same.
- Their Process Leader will be looking for signs that the incumbent can not only achieve this track record, but that the individual shows signs of challenging existing processes in an appropriate manner.
- The role holder will usually be part of a team performing similar tasks for the same client.
- Performance parameters will be established indicating target performance, influenced by the complexities of the tasks/needs of the client, within which the role holder would be expected to perform. For a newcomer, the targets will be lower than for more established role holders, for whom a series of performance levels will have been determined; performance standards that are continually below a specified level will be the subject of remedial actions.
Essential Skills Experience and Knowledge
- A can do attitude
- Good Microsoft IT skills - including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal.