Posted on Dec 26, 2022 by Allen Lane Ltd.
Allen Lane are delighted to be supporting the London Borough of Tower Hamlets in their search for a Data Architect to join the Technology team and define strategies and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data life cycle improving the data's integrity, visibility and accuracy. This is an exciting time to join Tower Hamlets as they embark on a key period of digital transformation to become more Data driven. The role is offering hybrid working, based out of their brand new office in Whitechapel.
As a Data Architect you will:
- Participate in the creation and definition of Enterprise Reference Data Architecture, standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
- Collaborate with the business, its applications, solutions, and with technical architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture
- Drive standardization and simplification across the enterprise, lowering cost, improving quality and value of data assets.
- Develop and implement data policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines concerning data collection, access, and management.
- Identify objects and data elements to be managed, specify the policies and business rules for how master data is created and maintained, describe any hierarchies, taxonomies, or other relationships important to organising or classifying objects, and document data-stewardship responsibilities
- Define enterprise architectures for Data Warehouse, Master Data/Reference Data, integration for data and transaction processing.
- Build the enterprise conceptual and logical data models for analytics, operational and data mart structures in accordance with industry best practices model(s).
- Assist in maintaining the assessment and inventory of the existing enterprise-level data environment.
- Design and develop a strategy for Data archiving.
- Works with business process experts to help identify functional requirements and supports data mapping with proper technical analysis
- Analyse, define and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing, reporting requirements and production configuration.
- Produce relevant technical artefacts to describe the solution, obtaining approval from appropriate Architectural Governance bodies.
- Establish regular interactions with the Divisional Director IT, Corporate Director Resources and Corporate Director Governance
- Play a key role in the establishment and running of the Technical Design Authority
Key Skills required
As a Data Architect you will have:
- Substantial knowledge of the application of ICT architecture principles for driving meta data architecture and master data management solutions
- Substantial knowledge of at least one design method and a practical knowledge of other design methods and how to apply these to complex requirements.
- Practical knowledge of local government or transferable knowledge from other large and complex organisations.
- Practical knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Extensive experience and proficiency in designing complex systems, including discovering and analysing requirements analysis, understanding the context, identifying and assessing alternative solutions for data management and selecting technologies and advising on configuration.
- Extensive experience of activities within primary discipline such as Master Data management, Metadata Management and Data Governance.
- Extensive experience of Service based solutions designed to hosted in the cloud.
- Extensive experience of selecting and applying design methods appropriate to varying and complex situations.
- Extensive experience of developing and implementing principles, standards, policies, procedures, roadmaps guidance and controls.
- Extensive and proven experience in Conceptual, Logical, and Physical Database architectures, design patterns, best practices, and programming techniques around relational modelling, dimensional modelling and data integration
What you get in return
A salary of £68,703 plus a range of excellent benefits
What you need to do next
In order to submit a formal application please provide an updated CV and covering letter highlighting your suitability for the role.
Amplify your job search: