Posted on Dec 23, 2022 by Global Technology Solutions Ltd
Infrastructure Engineer Roles location is Peterborough or London. £55-70k
This role is hybrid - average 2 days a week in the office.
* Server Management, including Citrix, Virtualisation, Active Directory, Group Policy, Domain Name System (DNS), File/Print Servers, PKI infrastructure and the Windows OS family.
* Support, install, maintain, and troubleshoot server, storage and related software for data centre infrastructure.
* Monitor server and storage infrastructure for failures and performance problems.
* Administer the corporate back up system.
* Work with internal business units to research, evaluate, test, pilot, document, implement and transition into support teams new software and hardware.
* Respond to incidents logged in the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
* Escalate and work with vendors when required
* Provide technical assistance and co-ordinate with business owners to complete project requirements and act as point of technical escalation and expertise.
* Implement and administer scheduled tasks.
* Identify and escalate service issues accordingly.
* Verify, approve, recommend and deploy changes via the ITIL change management process.
* Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
* Proactively maintain and develop technical accreditations, knowledge, skills and experience through vendor contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
* Work with Internal IT consultants to better understand issues and solutions.
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar SLA driven support role
- Proven customer service skills
- Proven experience in supporting complex server and storage infrastructure, delivering projects and associated changes.
- Industry recognised qualifications in relevant areas of current Microsoft Server operating systems
- Solid understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Solid understanding of server, storage and backup technologies
- Solid understanding of Cloud technologies
- Solid understanding of Citrix Workplace - Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and best practice
- ITIL Service Operations Framework (Incident, Change, Problem and Major Incident Management)
- Hands on knowledge of VMware environments - 6.7+
- Hands on knowledge of SAN storage
- Hands on knowledge of Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
- Hands on knowledge of Azure
- Hands on knowledge of Terraform
- Knowledge of Server Hardware
- PowerShell Scripting
- Microsoft Clustering
- Public Cloud exposure
- Exposure to Linux OS (ie Debian/Ubuntu)
- Understanding of Networking fundamentals
- Strong team player
- Good communication skills, verbal and written up to and including C level
- Punctual and reliable
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual
- Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution, or to identify when escalation is necessary
- Ability to work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
- Willingness to travel to Client based sites and data centres and operate outside of core hours as and when required.
"In applying for this position, you consent to your personal data being shared with the specified employer and for your details to remain with GTS for as long as is necessary to process your application. See our Privacy Notice for full information
Global Technology Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Amplify your job search: