Client Systems Engineer
Posted on Dec 23, 2022 by Hays Specialist Recruitment
Client Systems Engineer | £35,333 - £42,155 | Liverpool
Liverpool John Moors University have a mission to serve the people and communities, to enrich the lives of those they work with and to act as an anchor institution in the city of Liverpool. Every member of staff at LJMU works towards enhancing the experience and opportunities for students. Join the 2,000+ strong community professionals that are helping to shape the minds of the future.
As Client Systems Engineer you will:
- Install, configure, develop, maintain and provide system level support for the infrastructure and underlying technologies required to deliver the end user service.
- Maintain a high degree of expertise in the Windows Operating System, IT Management and application delivery technologies relevant to the team.
- Assist in the design, development and maintenance of bespoke management tools.
- Ensure that the security, integrity and viability of all IT services are maintained and any software or system defects are identified, resolved and fully documented as quickly as possible.
- Devise, test, implement, document and maintain disaster recovery plans that meet defined recovery point and time objectives.
- Devise innovative ways of delivering IT services with the goal of producing a high quality, cost effective, seamless user experience for all members of the University.
- Troubleshoot problems with the client services using advanced techniques. Liaise with users, with colleagues and with software and hardware suppliers as required.
We are looking for a Client Systems Engineer with a combination of the following experience
- Experience of designing, authoring and maintaining enterprise client solutions within a large-scale environment.
- A good understanding of specific technologies such as SCCM, INTUNE, Powershell are desirable
- Good communication skills including the ability to explain complex technical issues at an appropriate level for the audience.
- Ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with various external bodies, both suppliers and other public sector organisations.
- Experience of working on software implementation projects.
- An understanding of the relevance of new and emerging technologies in the general provision of IT services
What you'll get in return:
- 30 days holiday plus 8 Bank holidays
- Generous pension scheme
- Interest free travel loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working
- Health and wellbeing support, dental plan and onsite gym
Whatever your ambition in your job search - we share it.
We're invested in life-long partnerships that empower both people and businesses to succeed. Our robust relationships with employers across the world of work, the latest insights and deep industry knowledge, means we have the best roles for you, at all stages of your career journey. Because at Hays, we're Working for your tomorrow.
Amplify your job search: