Die Cutter- Starting Wage $16 per hour
Posted on Feb 11, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Quad/Graphics is aggressively seeking experienced Die Cutters.??Do you have experience working within the print industry, specifically doing die cutting??If yes, we need to talk!? Wages start at $16/hour and?will pay more with to candidates with die cutting?experience.
The Burlington plant is a one-stop shop for custom and specialty print work. Burlington employees can do it all ? from books to brochures, catalogs to calendars, and direct mail to directories. It has 10 Color Sheetfed capabilities including UV Inks and Specialty Finishes, Die Cutting, Embossing, Folding, Gluing all in-house. ?
We Offer a great teamwork environment, development/growth opportunities, competitive pay,?full service medical, dental, pharmacy and optical facilities, on-site fitness and rehabilitation centers at a number of different plants,?paid vacation, 9 paid holidays per year, weekly paychecks and paid overtime over 40 hours per week.
Available?Work Schedules that fit your lifestyle and needs:
8 hour shifts (either 7a.m. - 3p.m. or 3p.m. ? 11:00 p.m.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate.? When running overtime, these shifts will be 5a.m.-3p.m. and 3p.m to 1a.m.
What does a Die Cutter?do?
The Die Cutter Machine Operator efficiently performs set-up and operates machines that die cut blank and/or pre-printed stock. Responsibilities include confirmation of accuracy and completeness of order, dies, set-up and installation, paper stock, and the load and feed of paper, and the effectiveness and accuracy of cutting, staging completed work per instructions, and area maintenance.? ? ?
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow all Company policies, procedures and guidelines as well as take actions that support team work, safety, contamination control, efficiency and good housekeeping.
- Know and abide by all Standard Operating Procedures.
- Follow the pre-production, make ready, and production run tasks.?
- Operate powered equipment
- Occasionally train workers on the Die Cutting Machine operations, including the feeding and take off functions.
- Ensure the work area is clean, and that non-conforming, over-runs, and/or waste are delivered to the appropriate repository.
- Cross-train as assigned
- Follow and adhere to all Personal Protective Equipment rules and regulations
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
- Previous Die Cutter Experience highly desired
- Be able to perform work related math functions (which includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Be familiar with production and processing
- Have sufficient skill and experience with troubleshooting
- Must be able to multi-task
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Have the ability to stand long hours, stop, crouch, kneel, crawl, climb and use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement
- Good verbal and written comprehension, with ability to receive and follow instructions
- Ability to thrive in a team environment and work independently with minimal supervision
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.??
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.