Posted on Feb 11, 2019 by Worthington Industries, Inc
Sets up and operates Laser to cut sheet and plate steel to blueprint specifications by performing the following duties. All necessary safety equipment and safe work practices outlined in the Personal Protective Instructions and Job Safety Analyses must be used in the performance of these duties.
- Attends the job during the scheduled work hours.
- Receives instructions, prints, and work orders for the job.
- Plans details of working procedure and stages material.
- Performs required daily preventative maintenance to include cleaning of the machine, checking the oil and water level, changing the water and oil as required, and changing electrodes and nozzles as needed.
- Recalls and loads program per instructions.
- Begins the cutting operation.
- Removes finished parts and small scrap pieces as required manually, manually with hand held magnet, or with jib hoist.
- Performs first part inspection using a combination square, height gauge, calipers, micrometers, or tape measure to assure dimensions are correct and within given tolerances.
- Makes fine adjustments to machine to bring part within tolerances if necessary.
- Completes appropriate SPC paperwork.
- Places finished material on a pallet, rack, or in a container along with the work order number and piece part number.
- Completes appropriate paperwork to include material requisitions, route sheets, and material traceability.
- Pulls unused portion of sheet off table and onto scrap pallet.
- Operates machine by performing the duties mentioned above to run successive pieces.
- Performs periodic part inspection per job instructions.
- Moves material to next destination and stages as required.
Sweeps floor and performs general cleanup of work area and equipment at end of shift.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in metric and standard units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to convert standard units of measure to metric and metric to standard.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they?re our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We?re looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innovate and grow through their insights, leadership and unique talents.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global metals manufacturer serving growing end markets including automotive, construction, energy, agriculture, alternative fuel and many other markets. Our family of 10,000 employees in over 80 facilities throughout 10 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With sales of approximately $ 3 billion annually, our company has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as a ?Most Admired Company? and four times as a ?100 Best Companies to Work For.?
Worthington Industries Inc., and its subsidiaries, is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran?s status.
Worthington Industries (NYSE: WOR) is a global company that processes steel for use in the automotive, construction, hardware, aerospace and many other industries. Our family of 10,000 employees in 82 facilities throughout 11 countries has helped us earn the respect of our customers, our communities and our industry. With systems developed to conform to international standards for quality, environmental management and occupational health and safety, we consistently rank at the top of the Jacobson & Associates Survey, which ranks customer satisfaction among major steel suppliers. With sales of approximately $3 billion annually, our company is North America's premier value-added steel processor and a leader in manufactured pressure cylinders, such as propane, oxygen and helium tanks, hand torches, refrigerant and industrial cylinders, camping cylinders, compressed natural gas storage cylinders and scuba tanks; framing systems and stairs for mid-rise buildings; engineered cabs for earthmoving equipment; steel pallets and racks.
Worthington Industries operates under a long-standing corporate philosophy rooted in the Golden Rule, with earning money for its shareholders as the first corporate goal. As a market leader in metals manufacturing for nearly 60 years, we put people first, whether they're our employees, shareholders, customers or suppliers. We're looking for individuals who share our people-first philosophy and can help us continually innov