Posted on Feb 11, 2019 by The Printer Inc.
TPI has an immediate opening for a 2nd Shift Bindery Supervisor. We are seeking a proven leader and team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a fluid environment. Outstanding organizational skills are a must, as is the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Need to have a detail-oriented mindset with experience/understanding of technology, preferably as it pertains to the processes of printing. Printing and bindery experience preferred. Must be able to adhere to precise quality control processes and ensure your staff does as well. Preference is given to candidates with military leadership experience.
This position is responsible for the direction, coordination, and evaluation of their shift. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems. As a Bindery Supervisor you will be responsible for all printing projects from the operators during your shift.
- Follow all quality control procedures and check the work of your team for accuracy.
- Report and consult with staff when inaccuracies are found to ensure revisions are made properly and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with other departments to maintain production schedules.
- Keep abreast of technical developments that may affect the departments efficiency and profitability.
- Keeps management informed on general conditions and on matters of importance which could impact quality, cost, safety, or employee morale.
- Requires direct supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, organization, and communication are necessary.
- Must be able to manage multiple objectives and tasks simultaneously and be able to adjust immediately to changing priorities.
- Must work well in a team environment and have the ability to communicate needs and objectives with all team members.
- Ability to work under pressure and work flexible hours and weekends as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment, and discretion required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and intermediate computer usage skills.
- Strong attention to detail essential.
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Service minded and motivated to succeed.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Military leadership experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in a production environment with printing industry experience preferred.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full-time hours with flexibility to work weekends and over-time as required. 2nd shift is 3:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Travel: No travel required.
Work Environment: Loud working environment. Well lit climate controlled area. Fast paced. Multiple people sharing like work space.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CarHop of Des Moines
Des Moines Public Schools