Finishing Technican-Part Time (Will Train)
Posted on Feb 11, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Are you looking for a
company that can provide you with both?a challenging and rewarding
We offer excellent
benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Entry level pay starting
We will train!?All
are encouraged to apply especially those who have worked in manufacturing,
warehouse, or factory environments. ?Warehouse,
entry level, machine operator, material handler encouraged to apply!
is seeking Part Time?General Manufacturing Finishing Technicians to grow
with us in our manufacturing environment! A finishing technician position
includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and
advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the
creation of various well known?Direct Mail pieces?and other related
products our Finishing (Bindery) department. Quad/Graphics prides itself on
having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the
opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
Essential Duties &
- The list of duties and responsibilities may include the
following but is not limited to:
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or
- Stack loose signatures off a pallet and transfer to
table and then place into a collator hopper.
- Transfer completed bundles of product off machine
conveyor and stack onto pallets, then place mail bags onto pallet.
- Move product with a hand jack or motorized Raymond or
Big Joe lift.
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and
- Effectively communicate with other members of the
- Remove skids of product using a Big Joe and Hand Truck.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs.) using
repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet
high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using
repetitive bending and twisting.
- The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs.)
by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs.) as
- Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lbs.) as needed
- Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them
up or lie them down)
- Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
- Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging
(5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48? in height and transfer to table top
work surface 42?, and then place into a collator hopper.
- Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30
lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that
potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs.?Then place mail bags onto pallet.
- The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or
Big Joe lift.
- The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
- At least 18-years of age or older
- A solid work history
Quad/Graphics is an
equal employment opportunity employer. The Company?s policy is not to
unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other
consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The
Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of
these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.
American Red Cross
American Red Cross