Case Maker Operator
Posted on Feb 11, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Careers across Quad/Graphics are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you?ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done ? something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
At Quad, you?ll begin at a competitive wage with immediate opportunities to advance ? driving you to be better than yesterday. Additionally, earn up to 10% more of your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards productivity, safety and product quality.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You?ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that?s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Case Maker Operator to work in the?Versailles, KY?plant.? the main job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Sets up and operates machine which glues cover material to boards to make book covers.
- Uses rolls or??sheets of cover material to produce covers.? Adjusts rollers to meter glue application.?
- Makes mechanical adjustments to machine to accommodate varying case sizes.
- Ensures quality by continuously monitoring:? Squareness of case, size of turn-ins, show on case (three pieces), and backspace.
- Continuously controls product waste by monitoring:? Downtime, glue consistency, butt rolls of material, and the board hopper.?
- Ensures that the Casemaking general worker is made aware of quality standards.
- Leads crew by exhibiting proper leadership and continually trains crew.?
- Ensures that each person in the crew is performing his job properly in a safe and efficient manner and is capable of performing the duties of his peers and counterparts.
- Maintains proper records including:? Downtime, and Production Sheets.
- ?The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 70 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.