Posted on Feb 10, 2019 by Teaching Personnel
"Due to changes in our English department, we are looking to recruit a English teacher on a permanent basis ahead of the upcoming half term. All English teachers are welcome to apply and will be fully supported in this excellent department" - Director of English
Highlights of the position;
- Earn in line with MPS for initial term (April 19/July 19)
- Opportunity to secure permanent post from 19/20 academic year
- Excellent links to public transport
- Full time position with excellent support in place from established department
Located in Doncaster, this is a large secondary school which is well-established in the local community. The school are currently going through a period of improvement and expect the direction of new leadership to help them improve their results and progress. The school is easily reached via many South Yorkshire routes, including connecting areas such as Rotherham, Sheffield and Barnsley. The school is smaller than the average secondary school with less than 1000 students currently on roll, though is oversubscribed in a majority of year groups.
Responsibilities of the position;
- Teaching KS3 and GCSE English across full teaching timetable
- Support KS4 students in GCSE examination preparation
- Provide support to English department including extra-curricular intervention as and when needed
- Supporting school ethos and promoting positive learning environment
If you're an English teacher looking to secure your next permanent position from Easter and would like to register your interest in this position, then please either apply within or contact Josh at Sheffield Secondary.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.