Posted on Feb 10, 2019 by Anonymous
* To be able to install, maintain machinery and equipment to a competent recognised standard, eliminating risk wherever possible, to the health and safety of all those it may affect and supporting the business needs
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
* Demonstrate a safety conscious attitude when performing designated tasks
* Utilise tools and machinery in a safe manner and in accordance with all safety instructions and previous training provided. Ensure that any required guarding is suitably in place and positioned. Immediately suspend use of, and report, any defective or unsafe tools, machinery, guarding or stopping devices to the Value Stream Leader, Team Leader, Head of Operations, Facilities Manager and HSE & Site Services Manager.
* When using materials and substances, familiarise yourself with the safety precautions required by relevant COSHH Assessments, material safety data sheets or risk assessments, ensuring that these are followed.
* Ensure that the correct personal protective equipment (PPE) is used for the operations being performed and ensure that PPE is appropriately stored or replaced as necessary.
* Carry out routine maintenance and servicing to facilities, plant, machinery and equipment in accordance with agreed monthly schedules.
* Service machinery and attend to breakdown issues in the shortest possible timescale in order to minimise non-productive down time.
* Install new machinery and associated supply services as required, ensuring that equipment manufacturer's Installation, Operation & Maintenance Instructions are followed.
* Be available to assist with any out of normal working hours breakdown situations (or scheduled repairs) which the company may reasonably request
* Liaise with the Production Team Leaders as necessary to agree mutually acceptable time periods in which to schedule maintenance work, with least disruption to production activity.
* Assist in the purchase of consumable tools and equipment to meet on-going requirements of the Maintenance Department.
* Assist in troubleshooting and rectification of production machinery and equipment problems, with a view to implementing preventive maintenance solutions.
* Use only the production machinery and tools that you have been trained and authorised to operate.
* Ensure that any foreign object debris created during maintenance work activity is properly segregated to avoid any foreign object risk to work in progress.
* Ensure that all company documentation is appropriately completed when performing maintenance tasks.
* Attend training or participate in improvement events as required.
* Assist in the development of any maintenance related documentation and processes, effectively communicating maintenance requirements to staff as necessary.
* Ensure that the required standards of behaviour and discipline are adhered to.
Hours of Work:
* 7am - 3.30pm Monday to Thursday
* 7am - 12.30pm Friday
* £13.58 per hour (£26,481.00 per annum)
This is a temporary to permanent role for the right candidate. Please call Carole at The Recruitment Link or email your CV if interested