Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Reed Health & Care
Established in 1975, my client provides flexible, specialist residential services and schools. They aim to offer the best possible care, education and vocational opportunities for young people and adults, often with autism, who have a learning disability and complex needs with behaviour that may challenge.
Qualifications required for this post
1. Current Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registration.
2. Professional Qualification in Occupational Therapy - BSc degree or Equivalent.
3. Evidence of continuing professional development.
Knowledge required for this post
1. To have knowledge of National, Regional and Local health and social care drivers.
2. To operate as a practitioner with knowledge of learning disability, autism and associated mental health difficulties to ensure that individual occupational needs are identified.
3. To have a broad understanding of Occupational Therapy models and approaches across the spectrum of health conditions, to include physical and mental health.
4. To have a baseline knowledge of the Occupational Therapy clinical evidence base, assessment and intervention approaches specific to the people we support, which can be developed through time in post.
5. Evidence of ability to problem solve and make effective use of clinical supervision and informal support from more senior practitioners to bring about learning and effective outcomes for clinical intervention.
Experience required for this post
1. Some experience of practice placements or working as an Occupational Therapist within different clinical settings.
2. Experience of working within mixed professional teams.
3. Experience of working with people from a broad variety of backgrounds, life experiences and cultures.
4. Previous experience of working/volunteering/placement within a healthcare or social care setting or environment.
5. Experience of receiving and making productive use of clinical supervision.
In order to apply for this role please email a copy of your CV to or call me on .
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business