General Manufacturing Will Train $16 per hour
Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Are you ready for a New and Fun career where we will train you to become a printer?
Careers across Quad/Graphics are defined by a rich legacy of passionate people driven by innovation and motivated to find a better way. Fueled by interesting days, you?ll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done ? something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
At Quad, you?ll begin at a competitive entry-level wage of $16 an hour ?with immediate opportunities to advance ? driving you to be better than yesterday. Additionally, earn up to 10% more of your base wage and overtime pay through an incentive program that rewards productivity, safety and product quality.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You?ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that?s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
We also have Walk In Wednesdays from 8am - 2pm.? ?Come tour and interview with us! ?Have the opportunity to get hired on the spot.? Bring your friends, we are hiring for multiple positions and shifts!? Call Kerry to reserve your spot today? ?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Printing, factory, or other mechanical work experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48? in height and transfer to table top work surface 42?, and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12 hour rotating shifts?(either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week,
- 8 hour shifts (either 3 p.m. - 11 p.m. or 11 p.m. - 7 a.m.), Mon - Fri, these shifts do not rotate
- 12 hour weekend shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.), Fri, Sat, and Sun, these shifts do not rotate
- 2-2-3 12 hr. shift (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.), working 3 to 4 days per week, and having every other weekend off (two on, two off, three on, two off, two on, three off etc.) includes days, nights, holidays and weekends. This shift does rotate from days to night or nights to days.
- Optimal 12 hr. shift (either 7 a.m. ? 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. ? 7 a.m., working 3 to 4 days per week and have weekends off (Tuesday-Thursday day and every other Monday or Monday-Wednesday night and every other Thursday. This shift does rotate from days to night or nights to days.
Be a force to be reckoned with.? Be something greater. Be Quad.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
This opening is eligible for the employee referral program. If the program criteria are met, employees who refer candidates to this job may be paid a bonus.
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.