Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Exide Technologies
Exide Technologies, a global company, is now looking for a dedicated professional to join our great team. If you are seeking employment that provides a safe and uplifting teamwork environment, along with a great work/life balance, Exide Technologies is the place where you will find these qualities.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises, directs and evaluates Coordinator, Warehouse Worker and Truck Drivers. Appraises performance, rewards and disciplines employees under direction of ROD. Approves all salary non-exempt and hourly time in KRONOS or JJ KELLER (ENCOMPASS).
- Knows and understand all branch operations. Trains and works with new Warehouse Supervisors. Encourages operational improvements and shares best practices with all Warehouse Supervisors.
- Collaborates with ROD for all interviews, hires, and training of employees; prepares and submits all required paperwork.
- Ensures that all telemarketing is done daily. Supervisor will build the routes needed for the spoke. Supervisor will research any backorders or missed shipments and relay or delegate the communication to the customers on when we will be able to correct any issues.
- Assists ROD in driving and complying with safety initiatives within the facility under Company?s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Maintains employee Safety Training and Compliance schedule and records.
- Helps plan layout of warehouse and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight and related factors of items stored.
- Responsibleforlogisticscosts:warehouse, trucks,driversandrelatedexpenses, cost per unit, On-Time fill performance.
- In collaboration with the ROD, will budget and forecast operational costs along with monthly P&L performance review.
- Managementofwarrantyexpense through Warranty validation of returned stock.
- Assists assigned Coordinator with the management of receivables risk
- Inventory Management: Monthly Cycle Counts, Model Stocks, Exception reporting with HUB reducing inventory loss, Rotate and Aged inventory management, daily inventory disposition.
- Approves Purchase orders, Payables, establishes scrap purchase pricing.
- Required to meet established benchmarks in the areas of Financial, EHS and Quality to be measured through formal auditing.
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock and related problems.
- Responsible for all areas of retail sales (if applicable).
- Studies records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock.
- Schedules routing and delivery for Drivers and junk pickups.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- Schedules employees? time off, vacation and coverage for special and monthly inventory processes.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow; reviews and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policy.
- Supervises the completion of all housekeeping and other duties as assigned for the warehouse.
- Implements and enforces Environmental, Health and Safety SOP and audits compliance.
- Super user with assorted softwares for training and use (Humantech, Intellex, Encompass, JJK DQ Client, TPI, etc.)
- Other responsibilities assigned as needed
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Minimum two years of college or technical school; and/or minimum 3 years related work and managerial experience.
- CDL-B with Hazmat endorsement a plus (required in some markets). Hazmat endorsement can be applied for at hire.
- Willing to travel and spend multiple nights on the road ? up to 25%.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to train supervisor- and management-level employees.
- Must be neat, organized and exhibit professional time management skills.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook); other internal company systems to be trained.
Computer, including driver route GPS and time clock. Warehouse equipment including forklift, pallet jack, tailgate lift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Frequently lifts 45 pounds ? heavier product requires two-man lift. Repetitive movement required to stack and un-stack heavy product. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee normally works within a warehouse and truck environment. The noise level is usually loud. Hot and cold varying temperatures. Possible exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide?s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world?s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2
Category Supply Chain/Logistics
Position Type Regular Full-Time
Exide Technologies () is a global provider of stored electrical energy solutions-batteries and associated equipment and services for transportation and industrial markets. With 128 years of industry experience and operating in more than 80 countries, Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products that keep customers and their businesses powering forward. Leading car, truck and lift truck manufacturers trust Exide as an original equipment supplier, and Exide serves the transportation and industrial aftermarket through a comprehensive portfolio of products and services. The Company's extensive sales, distribution and service network provides flexibility and quality for an exceptional customer experience.
At Exide Technologies, It All Starts Now. History and scale, combined with a start-up mentality, make Exide the faster, more nimble, more innovative, more digital, and more responsive alternative for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier. Exide is "the 128 Year Old Start-Up," and the Company is moving forward-bringing the energy of the "new Exide" to customers around the world.