TPA Relationship Manager
Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Brighthouse Financial
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team member to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Will Contribute to Brighthouse Financial:
The TPA Relationship Manager plays a critical role in providing general relationship management and oversight of day-to-day activities with Third Party Administrators (TPAs) responsible for administering Brighthouse Financial (BHF) insurance policies and contracts. This role has the primary responsibilities of ensuring the TPAs meet all service levels and contractual commitments, resolving and escalating day-to-day issues, and providing support relating to the change management process. This role will also be an integral part of the negotiation with new and existing TPAs to define service levels and other contractual terms.
- Reports To: Head of Partner Management, BHF Operations
- Direct Reports/Team: Potentially One (1) TPA Relationship Analyst
- Other Key Stakeholders: Insurance Operations (BHF Operations), Strategic Initiative Management (BHF Operations), Procurement, Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Legal, Internal Audit, IT
- Act as first level of accountability for resolution and escalation of any day-to-day quality issues or concerns within functional areas
- Facilitate monthly meetings with TPAs to review service performance results, provide updates regarding BHF key initiatives and their potential impacts to TPA processes, and identify opportunities to collaborate and improve operational processes
- Collaborate with TPAs to discuss existing service-level misses or potential service disruptions that might impact operational processes, discuss remediation plans, and establish service improvement activities
- Conduct regular contract review to ensure TPAs' adherence to contractual obligations
- Provide support in accordance with dispute resolution process; evaluate service level credits and approve action plans resulting from critical service performance failures
- Provide observations and recommendations for corrections/process improvements as a result of exams/audits/reviews (e.g. post-site visit review findings and actions) to gain efficiency and reduce cost/risk
- Participate in negotiation process for new contracts for new and existing TPAs, maintaining focus on consistent service levels and expected financial models
- Assist in collecting data from TPAs to fulfill state, regulatory, and compliance audits or exams
- 10+ years of experience managing third party vendors. Life and Annuity industry experience is a big plus.
- Strong record of success in managing relationships with external service providers to deliver favorable service results
- Understanding of life insurance and annuity operations process workflows
- Understanding of risks and compliance oversight in working with third party administrators
- Vendor contract management experience
- Strong facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Up to 25%
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. Our mission is to help Americans achieve financial security. We do so with essential life insurance and annuity products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts.
Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
The Business Journals
Life Time Fitness