Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Arkema
Position Hours: Night Shift 6pm-6am, 3 days on/3 days off
Starting pay of $19.50/hour with progressive pay increases after successful completion of training
Sign on bonus of $500 after successful 90-day probationary period (if not referred by an Arkema employee)
Responsible for the manufacture, packaging, and distribution of specialty chemical products. The desired candidate must be safety conscious and a highly motivated team player
ensuring that all activities under his/her direction are performed in accordance within regulatory compliance.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Load reactors with raw materials, monitoring and troubleshooting batch process parameters, performing in process and final product QC testing
- Operate forklift to move materials around the plant
- Participate in the following daily communications meetings: Safety Meeting, Shift Change, Shift Planning
- Coordinate daily activities with and reports any issues to the Production Team Lead
- Maintain proper Housekeeping practices in the production area.
- Support other Production Team members as needed, if properly trained for the task
- Health, Environment, Safety, Quality
- Follow site procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas.
- Proper handling/disposal of hazardous waste materials
- As required, participate in Root Cause Investigations.
- Understand and execute Emergency Response procedures to mitigate unplanned events in the process.
- Ensure workplace safety by participating in the Behavior Based Safety (BBS) Observation program
- Production Technician Responsibilities
- Operate and field check process equipment. Monitor process conditions, equipment and control systems.
- Performs tasks assigned to operations (Raw material charges, equipment preparation, process samples, etc).
- Perform in-depth troubleshooting of process equipment and systems to resolve process deviations and problems.
- Use plant knowledge and skills to make improvements in plant performance
- Help troubleshoot plant and customer problems.
- Contribute to value creation by continuous improvement of procedures, the operations work processes and related tools and performance metrics.
- Follow housekeeping and safety procedures to ensure personal safety and the safety of others.
- Routine use of a computer to communicate via e-mail, complete online training and other tasks as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma/GED
- Experience in a chemical manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be a safety-conscious, highly motivated team player who is able to work independently
- Must be able to climb ladders, work outside in all weather conditions, lift up to 50 lbs and wear PPE including Full face air purifying respirator
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check, physical and drug screen
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
For more information about the EEOC, please refer to The ""EEO IS The Law"" poster at
A global chemical company and France's leading chemicals producer, Arkema is building the future of the chemical industry every day. Deploying a responsible, innovation based approach, we produce state-of-the-art specialty chemicals that provide customers with practical solutions to such challenges as climate change, access to drinking water, the future of energy, fossil fuel preservation and the need for lighter materials. With operations in more than 40 countries, 14,000 employees, 80 production facilities and 10 research centers, Arkema generates annual revenue of 8.3 billion and holds leadership positions in all its markets with a portfolio of internationally recognized brands. In North America, Arkema, Inc., a subsidiary of Arkema is headquartered in King of Prussia, PA. Arkema Inc. employs 2,400 people and operates 32 facilities in the US, Canada, Mexico and Brazil.