Building Maintenance Technician
Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Quad/Graphics is currently seeking a Building Maintenance Technician to work in the West Allis, WI location.?
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
T he Building Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing skilled maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs on various building items, such as:
- HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Air compressors, vacuum pumps, electric motors, belt drives and mechanical couplings
- Work with various building control systems; including chillers and chill water systems, chemical treatment and water softeners
- Work on overhead doors, fire doors, dock equipment, rail dock equipment, toilets, urinals and drain cleaning
- Locating and identifying items needing temporary repair, such as, roof leaks
- Contribute to an accident-free work environment by complying with all company rules and regulations
- Mechanical and/or Industrial Maintenance experience
- Possess basic welding, soldering and metal fabrication skills
- Interpret and work from blueprints, mechanical drawings and sketches
- Must have good communications skills; both written and oral
- Must own or be willing to obtain own set of basic mechanic hand tools
- Understanding of how to properly operate and maintain power tools to keep them in safe working order at all times
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and up to 75 lbs. on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work from ladders, lifts and other elevated platforms-indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts
- Strong background in HVAC, plumbing, piping, fitting hydraulics and pneumatics, is preferred
We offer excellent benefits for eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations, and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.