Posted on Feb 9, 2019 by Atrium Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: Monday - Friday some flexibility with start / stop times but generally between 8 -5
Department Name: Medical Records
Location: CHS Corporate Operations
Location Details:? 9401 Arrowpoint blvd
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Supervises the activities in the Corporate HIM/Coding Department. Assists, motivates and maintains the highest level of?supportive leadership ?to perform coding? in the most expedient manner. Reports to the Medical Records Coding Department leadership. Focus on outpatient coding including outpatient surgery and observation cases.
- Hires, supervises, and evaluates personnel productivity and effectiveness according to departmental, hospital and system policies and procedures.
- Participates in coding initiatives to assure accurate and complete assignment of codes including modifiers for outpatient cases.
- Ensures that performance reviews are completed timely and that disciplinary actions and/or terminations are carried out within established hospital policy.
- Assists coders in determining accurate codes for outpatient facility cosing, Diagnosis and CPT including medical necessity requirements and HCC capture
- Coordinates flow of information between coding and other departments including Medical Records, Patient Accounts, Medical Audit and Clinical Care Management.
- Supports and assists in working failed claims and other account issues.
- Coordinates activities, documentation and responses to outside coding reviews which include Medical Review of North Carolina and other payors.
Works in office setting with many interruptions. Requires good concentration, mobility and ability to make sound decision at a rapid pace. Majority of work time spent seated at desk in front of a computer. Must be able to move around the office daily and often. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds. Must be able to reach and bend on a moderate level.
Education, Experience and Certifications
College Degree required. 5 years of acute hospital coding experience. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Medical terminology, clinical or billing background preferred. Management/Supervisory experience in coding preferred. RHIA, RHIT or CCS required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.