Business Development Manager
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Glen Callum Associates Automotive Ltd
Business Development Manager - Aftermarket
Our client is a major supplier of automotive parts and components to both OE & aftermarket sectors, and this role is based within their Independent Aftermarket division.
A Territory Sales Manager / Field Sales Executive is required to build and develop new and existing business of automotive parts & components into the aftermarket sector. This is an exciting opportunity with a global blue-chip manufacturer.
REGION: CENTRAL BELT
Covering: Stoke-on-Trent, Birmingham, Banbury, Nottingham, Northampton, Doncaster, Manchester, Norwich, North Wales
Salary - Competitive Salary (Basic + Bonus) + Company Car & Benefits
- Responsible for achieving set sales targets within the region. Having a re-active and pro-active approach to the company's range of parts / components.
- Achieve and report on agreed sales targets with responsibility for all pricing actions to deliver agreed gross margin budgets.
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs, to develop, support and grow business.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of the products to wholesalers and their customers, and provide suitable training and aftersales support.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand, ensuring that the company is perceived by customers as a professional supplier that is easy to do business with!
- You should be an experienced field sales professional within the automotive aftermarket sector, with a sound knowledge of potential / existing aftermarket customers - motor factors, distributors, buying groups, nationals and independents in the area.
- A strong communicator with the ability to effectively build and maintain business relationships and negotiate at all levels.
- Possessing a sound technical knowledge and confident presenting the features and benefits of the products, selling on quality rather than price.
- Organised with excellent time management ability. Able to work on initiative and possessing a strong mix of sales, marketing and product management skills.
- Financially astute and commercially aware, able to negotiate supply contract.
- Computer literacy is essential. Familiarity with SAP would be an advantage.
Apply in Confidence
To apply for the position of Business Development Manager please forward your CV to Jenny Harris, Senior Recruitment Consultant at Glen Callum Associates Ltd or call Jenny directly for a further chat on the job.
Jenny is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Jenny and she will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don't delay, we're hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 3145JHM
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
Austin Fraser Ltd
Sopra Steria Recruitment Limited
Datasource Computer Employment
Nigel Frank International