Sales Engineer - San Mateo, California
Posted on Dec 21, 2022 by Henderson Scott
My client is a Pre-IPO start-up who are revolutionising the big data market, they are now seeking a Solutions Engineer to join their Enterprise Field Sales Team representing their products and services to market. In this role, in addition to enabling sales opportunities, you will be playing the role of hands-on technologist. You will be partnering with organizations to help them understand how this technology can be applied to their big data business challenges, and will partner closely with Enterprise Sales Managers to drive the sales process from pipeline generation and qualification all the way through the growth and expansion of the account.
Successful candidates are looking for a dynamic environment with a company that is defining, expanding, and innovating in a new solution area. This is a great opportunity to participate and help scale out a world class sales organization that is driving real value for large enterprises.
- Advise customers on data architecture, and strategies to make best use of the solution.
- Partner with the sales team to help ensure deal success.
- Understanding how to add value and drive the sales process.
- Discover and solve customer specific technical considerations as part of their evaluation.
- Lead proof of concept implementations from concept through execution
- Translate technical concepts into business benefits for management and executives
- Transform customer feedback into actionable product roadmap items
- Continuously learn and update your skills in quickly evolving technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a technical sales role
- Experience working in a startup-style environment
- Unix/Linux/Networking/Storage expertise required
- Hands-on of distributed systems Hadoop, Spark
- Hands-on Knowledge of cloud computing and orchestration environments such as Kubernetes
Experience with many of the following
- Programming in Java/Go/Python
- Background in Data Pipelining and Data Analytics
- Concurrency and synchronization
- High availability and business continuity
- Streaming experience (Nifi, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Solr, etc.)
- Cloud deployment of Big-data solutions
This company is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Amplify your job search: