Job Title: International Production Manager
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Balfor Recruitment Limited
The Sikh Channel
Job Title: International Production Manager:
The Sikh Channel is now an international TV Channel and established global brand that remains at the cutting edge of international news, current affairs, social and political discussions, ground-breaking documentaries and popular entertainment shows. The channel is celebrating its 10th year this year and is preparing for the next ten years in a world with accelerated change in terms of technology and changing perceptions of society.
Sikh Channel are proud of:
- Venturing into unseen territories to connect its audiences with lost history or unreported issues pertinent to the global Sikh community.
- Having a strict policy to remain independent and committed to 100% factual reporting to ensure viewers are not misled or misinformed.
- As a trusted global platform, Sikh Channel has initiated pioneering projects around the world for the betterment of humanity.
- Sikh Channel produces diverse, informative and engaging television programmes, providing our audiences with extensive knowledge about the Sikh faith and culture from across the world. We strive to deliver key Sikh messages in multiple languages to cater for our global audience and produce dynamic content for younger audiences.
This is a full time role with variable hours over 7 days as required by the needs of the TV broadcast.
Production Manager Job Role:
Oversee the business side of television productions worldwide with emphasis on India, Europe (Continent) Canada and USA. including managing money and recruiting staff. Ensures that productions run smoothly and stay on schedule and on budget. Ensure that staffing and technical support are properly available in our studios in India, Canada and USA. The manager will assist the office manager, particularly in HR requirements.
Production Manager Job Duties:
- Looks over scripts and discusses production ideas with UK producers and senior production and technical employees
- Weekly Performance management of all International teams with reporting to CEO
- Hires production crew, including actors, newsreaders, interviewer's makeup artists, and contractors
- Animation projects production and management from inception to on air broadcast
- Develops production budgets and schedules
- Meets regularly with different production department heads, including, set design, and lighting, to ensure they are meeting the production budget and schedule
- Makes changes to the budget and schedule as required, such as rescheduling filming during inclement weather
- Informs producers of production progress
- Special projects centred around 10 year anniversary language promotion
- Basic accounts work for International team payments and associated
- Daily programming production contribution with news and current affairs
- News awareness with focus on "first reporting" via news bulletin daily
- Specialist knowledge of Gurmukhi and Punjabi essential, desirable other south India languages including but not limited to Gujarati and Hindi
- Follow up after News Bulletin with news analysis programming
- Negotiates costs with suppliers
- Approves locations, equipment, and other necessary resources
- Ensures the production complies with health and safety regulations, union requirements, copyright laws, the Broadcasting Code and insurance terms
- Obtains any necessary approvals and risk assessment reports
- Operational assistance with office running advantages but not essential
- General administration and office management tasks may be required from time to time
- Supervises international production team, including its production assistants, production secretaries, production coordinator, and other production office staffers
- Handles any insurance issues which arise during the production
- Manage and train team assistants: allocating territories
- Manage News feed hourly : posting on SM average 30 mins over all time zones: with all teams
Production Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Business Sense, some knowledge of working in India Canada and/or USA. Strong Planning Skills, Negotiation, Management Skills, Delegation, Confidence, Networking Abilities, Leadership, Decisiveness, Accounting Skills and/or Qualifications, Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills, Superior Organisational Skills, Assertiveness, Problem Solving Skills, Theatre Knowledge, Risk Assessment Skills, Production Knowledge, Understanding of Human Resources, Knowledge of Movie Magic or Other Scheduling Software, Knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures, Including Basic First Aid, Experience Working in Film, Television, or the Theatre, Degree in Business Management or Language related subjects.