Business Development Manager
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Connect 3 Recruitment
Connect3 Recruit have an exciting opportunity for a proactive Sports Business Development Manager to join an extremely successful global sports sponsorship organisation in the heart of Cheshire.
Our client, a sports marketing and entertainment agency work with global brands and add value to their clients, creating revenue on their investment in major sporting events. The key is creating brand partnerships.
To be successful in this role, you should have evidence of building key connections with both SME and Enterprise level clients whilst managing lengthily pipeline, generating sales and closing business. As a business development manager you will be responsible for managing the full sales cycle.
The Role - Sports Business Development Manager
- Revenue generation by identifying new business development opportunities across a premium sports portfolio
- Lead an end-to-end sales process from lead identification and first approach, to final negotiation and contract
- Working with clients from international corporates to domestic SME'S
- Leading sales meetings with both international and domestic clients to pitch products, understand client objectives, build relationships and ultimately secure revenue for the business
- Liaise with rights holders where required to secure rights and product information
- Maintaining pursuit strategies focused on key decision makers
- Developing marketing campaigns
- Continually establishing client relationships and building a strong rapport to enable you to deliver an excellent customer service and further develop the businesses outstanding reputation
- Meeting weekly KPIs and monthly sales targets
- Producing accurate and timely paperwork in line with customer and company requirements
- Office based with international travel required
- Work with the marketing team to design and continually upgrade partnership collateral ensuring that all commercial presentations are at a high standard
- Ensure strong after-sales relationship management where necessary to enhance renewal percentages and cross-sales activity
The Ideal Candidate - Sports Business Development Manager
- Strong understanding of sports marketing theory to target different clients, industries and geographies
- Experience working with Paid-for business insight databases / Linked-in / Google / CRM etc
- New business sales skills- comfortable building marketing/LinkedIn campaigns as well as comfortable on the phone
- Proven ability to present face to face with evidence of this. To be tested during the interview process
- Intelligent individual- degree or degree calibre
- Ability to communicate at ALL levels
- Ability to build rewarding customer relationships
- Self-motivated and results-orientated team player that can exceed goals and revenue expectations, with the ability to work on own initiative
- An entrepreneur who is passionate, enthusiastic, hungry for results and resilient
- Relevant sectors- Sport Sponsorship, IT, Recruitment, Software, Marketing, Digital, Media, UX, User Experience
- Minimum 4 years' experience in a business development/related role
To learn more about this Sports Business Development Manager position and express your interest, please forward on your CV or get in touch directly and we will let you know if your application is successful.