Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by St Barnabas Hospices
St Barnabas Hospices offers specialist palliative care through two hospices: St Barnabas House provides palliative care to adults in the Worthing, Adur, Arun and Henfield areas through a range of services, including In-patient Care, Day Hospice and Community Care.
Chestnut Tree House is the children's hospice reaching across Sussex and South East Hampshire, providing care and support for children and young people and their families with life-shortening conditions.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced marketing professional to plan and deliver great communications for St Barnabas House adults' hospice and Chestnut Tree House children's hospice.
Working closely with the Head of Communications, you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering the charity's marketing strategy
- Managing a team of five
- Managing the brand, profile and image of the charity
- Acting as a point of expertise for the marketing team and the communications and marketing function for the whole organisation
You will be able to generate new ideas and initiatives, spot new opportunities and come up with imaginative marketing communications, as well as dealing with any problems and finding solutions. With two hospices, multiple audiences and communications, numerous campaigns and activities, the role is extremely varied and fast-paced with the need to juggle many projects and use your initiative.
You will have:
- A degree or equivalent, ideally a CIM Marketing qualification
- Proven experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing staff and / or volunteers
- Project management and budget management experience
- Demonstrable experience of meeting significant activity targets and managing projects
A driving licence and access to a car is essential for this post.
Flexible location travelling to all sites between Worthing and Eastbourne
Interviews will be ongoing - apply now!
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Janet Parsons, Head of Communications on
Allen Recruitment Consulting
Morgan Philips UK Limited
Scene One Ltd