Book Binder Sewer Operator- Relocation to PA or WV
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Quad/Graphics Full-Time Book Binder Case Maker or Sewer Operator- Temporary or permanent job openings.
Due to new and renewed business Quad/Graphics seeks Casemakers, Perfect Binders, and Book Sewer Operators local to Martinsburg, WV, Fairfield, PA or Lexington/Versailles, KY , or who will relocate to either location.
Looking to work for 30-180 days as a temporary employee? Skilled operator temps get one trip to and from the plant, near plant living accomodations, and a strong wage package.
Looking for permanent work with benefits? We offer relocation reimbursement for Versailles and Fairfield is $5k, when the rules are met. Versailles is offering an additional $5k sign on bonus.*
We offer paid relocation help to candidates with prior experience operating a perfect binder, case maker, jacket machine, or sewer machine in a book bindery. Other high volume book bindery experience may be considered.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You?ll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that?s transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The primary function of this position is to set up, maintain and run all perfect binders, casemakers, jacket machines, or?McCain or Smyth Sewers/Side Sewers in our high volume book bindery?at the highest level attainable. Produce and maintain best attainable quality, possess and display leadership skills, assist in?training personnel.? Assist in evaluating production capabilities, assist shift supervisor as required.
- Prior experience as an operator running multimillion dollar equipment in a high volume book bindery required. Preference given to those who?ve run a book sewer, but we will consider high volume perfect binder, trimmer, gather, case in, jacket machine or other high volume binders.
- Working knowledge of the set up/ makeready, adjustment, procedures, capabilities and limitations of equipment to perform the full range of standard and specialized sewing, perfect binding, gather, case-in, jacket, folding, collating, and cutting of printed materials to complete a finished product.
- Familiarity with different paper weights, sizes, kinds and colors so as to be able to identify paper conditions (i.e. excessive moisture or curling that frequently requires additional machine adjustment).
- Must be able to work the shifts for these positions will be 7am -7pm or 7pm ?7am and will include days, nights, weekends and holidays as needed. Shifts rotate every 4 months with a 75 cent shift differential for night shift. Fixed night shift may be available. Overtime may be offered.
- Familiarity with basic mathematics (i.e. decimals, metric units) to understand dimensional requirements contained in job orders and to make more complicated adjustments.
- Ability to use the full range of standard and specialized tools and devices to adjust and maintain the functional accuracy and operating conditions of the bindery machines.
- Skill in making adjustments to powered machines using hand tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers, punches, knives) as well as more specialized hand tools, usually furnished by the machine manufacturer.
- Knowledge of operating procedures for bindery equipment such as folders, cutters, collators, stitchers, drills, binding/gluing machines.
- Ability to read and interpret written work which indicates the number and sequence of machine operations required to complete the work and maintain dimensional accuracy in accordance with instructions provided
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.