Sheetfed Press Operator
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Quad/Graphics
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining the press in a safe manner
- Performing regular maintenance and up keep of the press.
- Checking for proper ink, paper and maintain proper levels of supplies around the press.
- Assisting in register and sheet rule up.
- Adhering to and following the plant processes and plant standard operating procedures.
- Sheetfed experience a plus!
- Experience with Heidelberg Sheetfed presses a plus!
- Must have some perfecting experience
- Must have some understanding of color
- A strong mechanical aptitude is required
- Must have eye/hand coordination when inside the unit while making adjustments
- Must have ability to utilize the computer to ensure quality of the product.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds continuously, the ability to lift up to 70 pounds occasionally, stand long hours (12-hour shift), use hands and wrists continuously in controlled movement, receive and follow instructions and use vision in order to identify defects
- The ability to work a 12-hour rotating schedule, including days, nights, weekends and holidays is also required. 7:00 am/pm - 7:00 pm/am
- Ability to pass a color test is required
- Must also be able to work with and effectively communicate with clients at Press OK's
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad/Graphics is an equal employment opportunity employer. The company?s policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Quad/Graphics is a leading print and marketing services provider focused on helping brand owners market their products, services and content more efficiently and effectively across media channels. The company has approximately 22,500 full-time employees across North America, South America and Europe with 161 facilities locations in 17 countries. With a consultative approach, worldwide capabilities, leading-edge technology and single-source simplicity, Quad/Graphics creates value for its clients be helping them perform better in today's rapidly changing world through the integration of print products with complementary services to improve efficiencies, reduce costs, create engagement, lift response and increase revenue.