Team Leader, Core Lab
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Atrium Health
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 2nd shift with rotating weekends and holidays
Department Name: Core Lab - Administration
Location: Carolinas Medical Center
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Supports Teammates in the execution of the team's responsibilities. Responsible for training and coaching teammates, creating and improving standard work, and responding to abnormal conditions. Responsible for problem solving, safety and quality of the team's performance.
- Actively looks for ways to improve the performance of the team resulting in improved quality, customer service, productivity, and a reduction in spending. A minimum of 70% of each day is focused on continuous improvement.
- Ensures the quality of testing in area of responsibility. Investigates testing quality issues and implements countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence. Documents abnormal conditions or quality issues and provides feedback to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures the development of standard work and the training and development of Teammates.
- Audits processes to ensure that Teammates are following the established standard work. Coaches Teammates if standard work is not being followed and informs the Group Leader.
- Responsible for supporting the continuous flow of specimens throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures point of use storage is maintained, including proper labeling, organization, and communication with Materials Management regarding changes in demand, additions, and deletions.
- Maintains 5S conditions within area of responsibility to ensure safety and quality standards are maintained. Uses visual control audits as appropriate. Ensures Teammates are wearing the proper PPE and working safely.
- Monitors the productivity of the team and answers Andons promptly for area of responsibility and other Team Leader's area when appropriate and/or necessary. Provides necessary support for Teammates. Performs troubleshooting of instruments or other equipment items if possible. Communicates and confirms with the Teammate that problem issue is understood before closing out the problem.
- Covers gaps for call outs, project time, personnel needs, and unexpected teammate absences.
- Informs the Group Leader of any personnel situations that might be considered abnormal or extreme. Catalyst in launching team building activities. Receptive to trends or changes in team spirit.
Works in a busy environment around physicians, technologists, and visitors. Must be able to actively walk and navigate around equipment. Works in an area which contains infectious materials, chemical hazards, and fire and mechanical hazards. Works in an analytical, physical and managerial environment. May be required to stoop, reach, and lift light (20 lbs.) to moderately heavy (50 lbs.) loads.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Must be an ASCP registered Medical Technologist or equivalent. A minimum of two (2) to five (5) years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job functions of a leadership role. Must be able to operate equipment used in area(s) of responsibility. Thorough understanding of company product, trade terminology, quality management and control systems and techniques, testing processes including materials, work flow, scheduling, supplies, instrument operation, and company policies as standards. Ability to effectively facilitate problem solving and resolution. Ability to work with a dynamic team and demanding customers. Have extensive computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel in particular). Ability to work in a fast-paced, multicultural environment. Ability to plan, supervise, and perform functions of assigned areas. Ability to maintain on call flexibility to control abnormal conditions. ?
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer
Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations provides a full spectrum of healthcare and wellness programs throughout North and South Carolina. Its diverse network of facilities includes academic medical centers, approximately 38 hospitals, freestanding emergency department, more than 700 physician practices, behavioral health center, surgical and rehabilitation centers, home health agencies, hospice and palliative care services, and nursing homes.
For nearly 70 years, our system of exceptional facilities has been providing care that improves our community and the lives of our patients and employees.
At Carolinas HealthCare System, we are One team, delivering care through more than 11 million patient encounters. Our teammates share millions of reasons to be proud of their work and the contributions they make every day. We invite you to learn more about Carolinas HealthCare System, and discover all the possibilities ONE system has to offer.
Loves Travel Stops & Country Store