Assistant Store Manager
Posted on Feb 8, 2019 by Extra Space Storage
The Assistant Manager is critical in creating a welcoming environment, creating the cleanest locations in the industry, and identifying customer needs and exceeding their expectations. Extra Space Storage seeks employees that have entrepreneurial, dedicated, positive attitudes, adaptability to change, and integrity. If you possess these qualities and want to join a dynamic, growing organization, then we are excited to hear from you!
- As an Assistant Manager you'll work alongside your team to maximize sales objectives with each prospective customer via the phone, web or in person at your location.
- Our employees consistently practice exceptional customer service by welcoming future and current customers in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Assistant Managers work with customers to identify their needs and provide solutions that will enhance their storage experience.
- You will get the chance to sell high quality merchandise such as boxes, locks, tape and other moving supplies.
- Our team members enjoy working outdoors. When not taking care of customers in the office, our Assistant Managers spend approximately 50% of their time walking and tending to the property to ensure the facility is kept to the highest of cleanliness standards. This includes cleaning units, sweeping, mopping, changing light bulbs and other general maintenance duties.
- Successful Assistant Managers need to be able to perform at a high level without constant supervision, but also thrives in a team environment.
- You should have some type of customer facing experience from a variety of environments including retail sales, restaurant, sales associate, and other customer-centered selling roles
- Energetic, outgoing, customer oriented personality
- A High School diploma /GED equivalent. College education a plus
- Ability to perform light maintenance and overall property upkeep
- Minimum one year Customer Service and/or Sales experience
- Valid driver's license with access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel to multiple retail locations
- A dynamic growing company
- Competitive pay and benefits
- A rewarding work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Great company culture
We value diversity at Extra Space Storage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the ""Find Internal Career Openings"" in Workday
Extra Space Storage® Inc. (NYSE: EXR) is a real estate investment trust based in Salt Lake City, Utah with regional offices in California, Connecticut, Florida, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York and Texas. Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self storage in the U.S., and is a national owner, developer, acquirer and operator of professionally managed self-storage properties.
Extra Space Storage is a thirty year old company that has been involved in the self-storage industry since its inception. Extra Space Storage's mission is sustainable growth, based around six basic company goals:
- Maximize customer satisfaction
- Provide an excellent product and service
- Develop and maintain mutually beneficial business relationships
- Increase shareholder value
- Grow the business
- Make Extra Space Storage a great place to work